Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Have you ever been drawn to someone who annoyed you every time you interacted with him/her? What was the draw? What was the HOOK?

Have you ever been drawn to someone who annoyed you every time you interacted with him/her? What was the draw? What was the HOOK?

Posted - October 30, 2020

Responses

Nope.  I avoid those who constantly annoy me. 
      October 30, 2020 11:52 AM MDT

DITTO! I am not a glutton for punishment. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      October 31, 2020 3:20 AM MDT

Yes---Truth is more important than my frustration level.

October 30, 2020 2:18 PM MDT

Your sanity is at stake tom isn't it? Engaging with a brick wall isn't ever going to get anywhere. The brick wall is INCAPABLE of comprehending understanding. It is what I avoid whenever I can. I move on to what benefits me once I know the brick wall LIKES being what it is. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      October 31, 2020 3:22 AM MDT

No, fortunately.

Catholics who have gone to Catholic schools as minors---and especially Catholic high schools---tend to be accustomed to explaining the positions they espouse. We're schooled in apologetics, and it is a transferrable skill from religious topics.

Then, once one realizes that truth exists and is the proper object of study, my responses flow freely.  And dealing with consequent ignorance (the lack of knowledge about the subject that would be necessary for them to make an intelligent, adequately reasoned response) is something I do constantly in my life.  

Interestingly, one of the characteristics of an internet troll is posting digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community.
      October 31, 2020 2:28 PM MDT

Among my least-favorite "responses" are the WHADDABOUTS! Rather than ANSWERING the question I  ask they give you WHADDABOUT WHADDABOUT WHADDBOUT?. Drives me bonkers. Why can't they ANSWER the question FIRST and THEN WHADDABOUT? It's all they ever do because they are incompetent or ignorant or obdurate and dare not answer the question directly head on so they don't! AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Fall Back Day in the USA..mostly! STAY SAFE! :)
      November 1, 2020 3:23 AM MST