Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » According to the BIBLE wealth and the wealthy are not held in high esteem. Just the opposite. So why do "christians" worship MONEY,POWER?

According to the BIBLE wealth and the wealthy are not held in high esteem. Just the opposite. So why do "christians" worship MONEY,POWER?

Are they liars? Wearing the self-given label of CHRISTIAN they support adore protect embrace WEALTH and POWER ABOVE ALL ELSE.

LIARS.

Whom do they think they are fooling? GOD? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I think not.

Posted - November 5, 2020

Responses

That's a common misconception about the Biblical view of wealth/money.
    Money/wealth in itself is not the "root of evil" ... Love of money is.  
    That is in line with love of anything above god, being viewed as evil according to the Bible.
    Most of the "seven deadly sins" are just loving something "too much". (although those "sins" are not specifically mentioned in the Bible)
        Lust
        Gluttony
        Greed
        Sloth / Acedia (Latin "without care")
        Pride / Vainglory

In fact, money is merely one marker of how successful/talented/lucky a person is.
    (Either that individual, or somebody they inherited it from.)

And humans, like most animals, are hard-wired to be attracted to success/talent.
    No different from the strongest Bull Elk having all the females, really.
    (yes, yes.  we don't normally have multiple wives/husbands, these days.  but that was practice of kings/etc historically.)
      November 5, 2020 6:44 AM MST

I think you are quite SEVERELY mistaken. Are you unfamiliar with the quote about it being EASIER FOR A CAMEL TO GO  THROUGH THE EYE OF A NEEDLE THAN FOR A RICH MAN TO  ENTER THE GATES OF HEAVEN? Do you recall "THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH"? When are the wealthy powerful celebrated and held in high esteem in the Bible? Where does it say to be kind to them be good to them give to them? It doesn't. That would be RIDICULOUS. It is about giving to those in need Walt. So I understand you are Devil's Advocating today. But really on this subject? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine. STAY SAFE.
      November 5, 2020 7:11 AM MST

The Rich Young Man
    (Mark 10:17–31; Luke 18:18–30)

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and inquired, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to obtain eternal life?

17 “Why do you ask Me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.

18 “Which ones? the man asked.

Jesus answered, “ ‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness,

19 honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself.’

20 “ All these I have kept, said the young man. “What do I still lack?

21 Jesus told him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.

22 When the young man heard this, he went away in sorrow, because he had great wealth.

As we are shown in the verses preceeding that quote, Jesus was speaking to the fact that the rich often love money.
    So again, it is the love of something above god.
    We see the same in the parables of the rich person showing off their wealth by visibly donating their offering, rather than doing it privately.
    We see a similar parable in the person who makes their prayers public, rather than private.  They love the attention, more than they love god.

Meekness has nothing to do with wealth.
    It is humility vs vainglory (undeserved pride).
    There are many wealthy people who we don't hear about, unless you are local to them - because they don't flaunt their wealth.
      November 5, 2020 7:35 AM MST

Ever it shall be thus. Sometimes we agree and sometime we dis. Nothing is amiss here. You are obdurate in your view. I am likewise too. So what? Life goes on. We go on. GOD WILLING. Thank you for your reply Walt. I am absolutely right for me. I expect you are likewise for you. That's life. Remember agreeing/disagreeing means nothing. It doesn't sanctify or validate what is RIGHT. It is  simply an expression of a view. If what you say makes no sense to me I will never pretend it does. You too right? On that we are in line. We don't pretend. We don't go along to get along. Good for us! May we always wave! :)
      November 5, 2020 7:43 AM MST