Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Back in the day folks/people used to be a whole lot kinder to one another and caring. WHAT HAPPENED?

Back in the day folks/people used to be a whole lot kinder to one another and caring. WHAT HAPPENED?

Posted - November 5, 2020

Responses

Without going into detail, let's just say that the "new" generations were taught to be self-serving (or were not taught to not be self-serving).  It didn't happen all at once, but has been slowly growing (at last since I was born).  There are still some good caring people out there, they're just becoming harder to find.
      November 5, 2020 5:33 PM MST

What part do parents play in it Shuhak? Some if not many park their kids in front of the TV or computer so they can do things for themselves. Instead of spending time with their children the selfish folks spend it on themselves. They send their ignorant kids to school and expect teachers to work miracles when it is something they could have done at home. TEACH THEIR CHILDREN TO READ. I did. Others did. Sure it takes time. But what are parents for if not to teach their children how to be what to do? Teach them MANNERS and RESPECT and HONESTY. I know. Gone with the Wind. That was then this is now. Poor kids. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :) If Pennsylvania vote count is completed today Joe will be the next president. Meanwhile back at farm/ranch/Alamo..... This post was edited by RosieG at November 6, 2020 2:38 AM MST
      November 6, 2020 2:36 AM MST