Active Now

Spunky
Shuhak
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You convert to a religion. You don't convert to an ethnicity. TRUE OR FAUX?

You convert to a religion. You don't convert to an ethnicity. TRUE OR FAUX?

Posted - November 7, 2020

Responses

True.

"Ethnicity" is a polite fancy word for a blend of mainly race (a matter of Nature) and culture (a matter of nurture, so artificial).
      November 8, 2020 1:39 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Durdle. Here's a question you might have an opinion about. Why did Hitler want to exterminate Jews? Seriously I can't get any kind of answer that makes sense to me. Of course the Turks did the same thing to my people...murdering 1.5 million or so of us via death marches. The Nazis murdered 6 million Jews. I know I"ve heard about Ethnic Cleansing but I do NOT get any connection to being say a Polish or  a German or Italian Jew and why that is so intolerable a thing to be. How are scapegoats chosen? That whole area is so confusing to me. At the base of it is WHY DO PEOPLE HATE? What do they get out of it? I know. Maybe the questions are too big but I cannot figure it out. Thank you traveling so often with me wherever I go. I do appreciate it so! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 8, 2020 1:46 AM MST
      November 8, 2020 1:44 AM MST