Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Puzzling. Americans fired the "head" but he stays for 2-1/2 months. How do other countries do the firing? Faster leaving right?

Puzzling. Americans fired the "head" but he stays for 2-1/2 months. How do other countries do the firing? Faster leaving right?

Posted - November 8, 2020

Responses

• Argentina also has an inauguration day that's different from the election day of our presidents.  Our presidential elections are every four years, like yours.  Election Day is the final Sunday in October, but the new president isn't sworn in until the second Tuesday in December.  Our lame ducks remain president for 44 more days after the election.
      November 8, 2020 2:05 AM MST

I think for us it's something like 73 days. A very long time to do harm damage. Thank you for your informative reply Sirena. Have any of your lame ducks done irreparable damage during their swan song days or do they carry out their duties with honor to the end? Happy Sunday to you and yours m'dear! STAY SAFE! :)
      November 8, 2020 2:16 AM MST

• I don't think they've done anything like trashing the Casa Rosada for the next president.  Our current vice president, Christina Fernández de Kirchner was also the president from 2007 until 2015.  Our president from 2015 until 2019, Mauricio Macri, spent his lame duck time ordering more investigations of Kirchner.  Our current president, Alberto Fernández, also ordered investigations of Mauricio Macri's administration. 
      November 8, 2020 2:38 AM MST

Standard procedure then everywhere? Investigate to incriminate and to denigrate. People are the same all over. Sad to say. Thank you for your helfpul and informative reply m'dear. I appreciate it! :). This post was edited by RosieG at November 8, 2020 2:46 AM MST
      November 8, 2020 2:43 AM MST