Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Words are fun to play with, most especially ones that rhyme. Can you make a coherent sentence out of the words listed below? Will you?

Words are fun to play with, most especially ones that rhyme. Can you make a coherent sentence out of the words listed below? Will you?

Ace
Base
Case
Chase
Debase
Pace
Place
Lace
Mace
Vase
Grace
Race
Disgrace
Face
Brace
Trace

If it takes 2 sentences or 3 it's okay with me! :)

Posted - October 15, 2016

Responses

No!
    because there is no...
    I
    no ...and
    no...the
    and the rest of the words I would need
    ...it would be an incomplete sentence.
    ...would it not??haha

This post was edited by Baba at October 16, 2016 10:42 AM MDT
      October 15, 2016 7:55 AM MDT

I said 2 or 3 sentences would be okay.  I didn't say it had to consist ONLY of those words. I just asked you to use those words in a sentence or two or three or a paragraph. Thank you for your reply Baba.
      October 15, 2016 8:25 AM MDT

I can but I have to run out the door and massage a bunch of people and I'm running late.  SO I will when I get back.  I need about 5 minutes I don't have right now.   See ya....

Okay I'm back

Easy peasy....

Now where's the damned question?  I hate when it disappears.  I can't see the words I'm supposed to rhyme.  Hang on.

Ace
    Base
    Case
    Chase
    Debase
    Pace
    Place
    Lace
    Mace
    Vase
    Grace
    Race
    Disgrace
    Face
    Brace
    Trace

Okay here goes

(Ace of Base is too easy)

In case I don't hit first base and win this race, it's no disgrace, better to try than to self-debase by losing  face with no trace of style nor grace; making you want to throw a vase painted  with a picture of lace and filled with mace This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 16, 2016 10:56 AM MDT
      October 15, 2016 7:57 AM MDT

The stupid thing stuck and I have to re-print and finish it.  I couldn't type anything further on that answer.  GOD THIS IS IRRITATING SOMETIMES>

In case I don't hit first base and win this race, it's no disgrace, better to try than to self-debase by losing face with no trace of style nor grace; making you want to throw a vase painted with a picture of lace and filled with mace, you need to brace yourself for a surprise as I can rhyme this too better than any of you guys.  
      October 16, 2016 10:59 AM MDT

• Ace of Base had a case, they chase, debase, and case the place. They brace and trace which lace the mace, then take the vase and race with grace. As long as they save face, there's no disgrace.
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 16, 2016 10:46 AM MDT
      October 16, 2016 10:41 AM MDT

• To lace the place with a trace of mace, you'd debase the case for higher grace,
    being base in the face, a dirty disgrace, if you chase the race at furious pace and think you're ace.

I know it's a rather long sentence and I'm missed out 'vase' because being of the English persuasion I pronounce it 'varz' and it just didn't work for me.
      October 26, 2016 3:47 AM MDT

• I'm not sure you can take away words as you please. That's sorta the purpose of the exercise. Kind a.
      October 26, 2016 5:55 AM MDT

• My apologies.
      October 26, 2016 6:11 AM MDT