Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The norms for presidenting were shattered temporarily not permanently. Which norm did you miss most these excruciating 4 years?

The norms for presidenting were shattered temporarily not permanently. Which norm did you miss most these excruciating 4 years?

Posted - November 10, 2020

Responses

Civil discourse.
      November 10, 2020 11:58 AM MST

Yes. Well certainly that is coming back already. Limited of course to the PRESIDENT-ELECT but back. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Tuesday! :)
      November 10, 2020 12:59 PM MST

I expect Joe will set a much more conciliatory tone and a much better example.
      November 10, 2020 6:25 PM MST

In the meantime as expected the person who lost the election and his underlings are going all they can to make things difficult for Joe. I'm especially worried about withholding intelligence information from him. But you know what I think may be happening? People in the Intelligence community will sneak that info to Joe. Probably even some Republicans. I know some of them are appalled at what is occurring so perhaps things are not as bad as they seem. One can hope! Thank you for your reply L and Happy Wednesday! :)
      November 11, 2020 1:16 AM MST

Trump will make it as difficult a transition as possible.  Joe may have to sue to get the office space and information he needs for a transition.  It shows how petty he is and how little he cares about the country - only himself.
      November 11, 2020 6:16 AM MST

A Republican senator sez if Joe doesn't start getting intelligence briefings by Friday he will step in and provide them to him. Oklahoma Senator Lankford! GOOD FOR HIM! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      November 12, 2020 6:55 AM MST

I believe each administration is required to provide that information.  Too bad Trump may make Joe sue for it.  I the GOP is smart, they will do their best to provide a smooth transition in spite of Trump.  
      November 12, 2020 8:59 AM MST