Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Can we not have an icon placed between messages and friend requests which, when clicked, displays my friends? Presently it's too cumbersome.

Can we not have an icon placed between messages and friend requests which, when clicked, displays my friends? Presently it's too cumbersome.

Posted - October 15, 2016

Responses

I've mentioned it to JA. Let's see what the future brings. :-)
      October 15, 2016 12:19 PM MDT

•   October 15, 2016 10:32 PM MDT

Yes that would be more convenient I suppose!
      October 15, 2016 12:40 PM MDT

Hey... You're back too. So nice seeing you here again. :-)
      October 15, 2016 12:52 PM MDT

SH did mention it to me and I personally don't get it. I don't know what action a person would need to have quick access to a friend list for. Our activity feeds let you adjust it to just friends. You select your friends from the email list in emails. You can go to the gift section to send a gift to a friend, the credits section to send credits.

I, personally, don't understand the benefit of the button. We could add one, but it would just weigh the site down... more buttons becomes more confusing for people. It's less intuitive, so we have to balance what we add carefully.

That's not to say that a button has no value, mind you. I just don't get it. What action would you be taking that you'd need access to the list quickly? How often would you be using said button?

It probably sounds like I'm giving you the third degree. I'm not trying to. I want to understand the logic and I need more coffee. :)
      October 15, 2016 1:57 PM MDT

October 15, 2016 2:24 PM MDT

While we're at it, can we have a feedback button which, when clicked, opens up a form to submit questions and complaints so as to avoid filling up the public questions section with them...oh, wait. :-)
      October 15, 2016 3:11 PM MDT

It's too cumbersome to go to your profile and click "friends?"   You don't have much to deal with I guess.  I have to wonder why the fast access to friend list is needed.  You don't seem to be alone though. 
      October 15, 2016 4:04 PM MDT