Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » D'ya think Thanksgiving 2021 will be like Thanksgiving 2019? Will we ever get back the innocence we had back then? Or is it gone forever?

D'ya think Thanksgiving 2021 will be like Thanksgiving 2019? Will we ever get back the innocence we had back then? Or is it gone forever?

Posted - November 14, 2020

Responses

Thanksgiving has become about family.  Having it without family is kind of worthless.  Thanksgiving over Zoom just doesn't cut it (although on Zoom you can mute those who disagree with you).

If they get a vaccine, and IF people will take it, thanksgiving 2021 should be back to "normal" (well...as "normal" as a family occasion can be). 
      November 14, 2020 12:19 PM MST

Read what you just said and tell if that is what you believe? Thanksgiving is about BEING THANKFUL Shuhak. BEING THANKFUL doesn'[t require the presence of others. Are you telling me because you will be at home alone you have NOTHING for which to be thankful? If so then I agree for you that holiday is indeed worthless. Thank you for your reply. A question comes from this.
      November 16, 2020 4:02 AM MST

Hmmm... although I may not have used enough or the right words to express myself, I still stand by my answer, 

I fully agree, Thanksgiving is supposed to about being thankful.  I also fully agree that anyone can be (should be) thankful, whether they're surrounded by a large family or they're all alone.  ("In everything give thanks...")

However, I was alluding to the current attitude of many in this country  - We will have our normal Thanksgiving together no matter what!  You specifically asked about 2019 and 2021, so I narrowed my reply to only include those years and the attitude therin.  If so many are willing to risk their lives and the lives of others just to have a "normal" Thanksgiving, then thnakfulness must not be their reason. - I'm so thankful for the opportunity to infect (possibly kill) my family
    This is where I was coming from with my answer.  People are not thankful, they're self centered. 

O lord, I'm so thankful for this Thanksgiving food that I went out and bought with my money.  Please ignore that I care more about tradition than the lives of my family and anyone else I may have came in con... con... achoo!... contact with along the way.  Heal this country, lord.  Amen!
      November 16, 2020 10:47 AM MST