Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The heights of the surges and spikes should arrive just in time for Christmas! Perfect time for illness and death isn't it?

The heights of the surges and spikes should arrive just in time for Christmas! Perfect time for illness and death isn't it?

Posted - November 18, 2020

Responses

More likely to be worst in the first couple of weeks after Christmas and New Year's Eve.

That is the real party-time for infectious respiratory diseases; and not just SARS-Covid-19.
      November 18, 2020 2:24 PM MST

Are you locked down? How are you and your family coping m'dear? In America every state is in dire straits and it's getting much worse. Originally there were HOT SPOTS in a few states. Now every state has HOT SPOTS. I know some countries are locked down or at least portions of them. I read that 40% of Americans plan to gather together in groups of ten or more at Thanksgiving. The 40% who voted for a duck to be their leader. So we in America are GUARANTEED to be barely surviving. These duck supporters will see to that. Thank you for your reply Durdle! It will be just Jim and me quietly being thankful for what we have. Our favorite holiday. I'll make a simple meal. I just wonder how many people will be thankful for what they have and how many will be whining about what they don't have? I shall ask! :)
      November 19, 2020 1:50 AM MST

We are in a lock-down provisionally scheduled to end on December 2nd but that could be extended. Schools, colleges and universities are open though, unlike in the first lock-down back in the Spring.

Prior to that some of the Northern English cities saw regional lock-downs following large increases in infection rates due mainly to people just not following the restrictions. Scotland too, has imposed further controls.

That's a very good question, about people being ungrateful for what they do have. Unfortunately it's human nature to take long-established blessings for granted then complain when they are not available. 
      November 19, 2020 7:41 AM MST

Precisely. But you and your family are doing okay throughout this right Durdle? Hang in as we are. I mean since we have no choice right? Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      November 19, 2020 7:47 AM MST