Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is every creative brain touched with a smidge of inane/insane? We know they are not typical of the norm. What sets them apart from the rest?

Is every creative brain touched with a smidge of inane/insane? We know they are not typical of the norm. What sets them apart from the rest?

Posted - November 19, 2020

Responses

I think so.  Perhaps it's because creative people live in their own world.  A world where they set the limits; where they say what's "normal" and what's not.  The "normal" world has many pressures to conform, and creativity can't conform; it must be free.  Because of this, many creative people have a hard time in the "normal" world (ex. relationships).  

Now "insanity" is just how others perceive it...  A creative person's mind never slows down - 24/7.  There's no pause button, and no way to slow it down.  They think and speak in stories.  They're always in a cycle of creativity (up or down) - which can lead to heights of ecstasy and depths of depression.  They tend to be more emotional (ex. crying for no reason).    Does that sound like a "sane" person to you?

November 19, 2020 2:13 PM MST

Just once I wish I could take a peek into the brain of someone who was creative. I so admire them and am in awe of them but what price do they pay for that? I think of Tesla. Not that I'm so knowledgeable but my first husband was an electrician and he was the one who told me about Nicolas Tesla. I wonder why others like him do the creative work and are not given credit for it? Is it politics at that level too? Notoriety and photo ops and articles and spin and influence? Was it always that way? How horrible is that? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      November 19, 2020 2:22 PM MST

I'm one of those "creative" types.  I'm no Tesla or Vincent Van Gogh; my creativity is in writing.  All of the so-called "insane" things that describe a creative person (well beyond the few I wrote) describe me to a T.  
      November 19, 2020 2:32 PM MST

I'm not. I enjoy being around creative inventive people. I am an excellent appreciator. I never envy. I always admire. My son did once tell me that I was very creative in the kitchen and well maybe that was true once upon a time. I treasure that compliment and always will. Being around creative people sadly does not rub off on me but I embrace it and absorb it to the extent of my abilities. I will always be drawn to what I am not in terms of being artistic talented inventive imaginative creative. I may be with words and some questions but it's doubtful I will be remembered for that by anyone. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      November 22, 2020 5:43 AM MST