Active Now

DannyPetti
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Y'all are DAM* sure you aren't going to allow the federal government tell you what you SHOULD DO on Thanksgiving. RIGHT?

Y'all are DAM* sure you aren't going to allow the federal government tell you what you SHOULD DO on Thanksgiving. RIGHT?

Yet you roll over for the following without any problem.

Get a driver's license so you can drive a car.
Follow posted speed limits so you don't get a ticket and have your insurance go WAY UP
Pay parking meters so you don't get a parking ticket
Get a marriage license which permits you to get married
Get whatever university degree you need to apply for the job you want
File required yearly income taxes (even if you cheat a lot and lie you still file)
Register to vote. You can't just show up and vote. You need permission. So you register
If a restaurant sign says "shoes/shirt required" you don't show up barefoot and topless
You obey traffic lights or you will get a ticket if caught
Baptize your baby so he/she can enter the gates of Heaven
If the sign says NO SMOKING you don't light up. I don't know what happens if you do. I don't smoke.
If you are caught littering there is a fine
If you are caught with your seat belt unbuckled there is a fine
If you are ordered by subpoena to appear in court you go
If a cop is following red lights flashing and siren going YOU STOP.
If an ambulance or fire truck is passing by sirens blazing YOU PULL OVER TO THE RIGHT AND STOP

You follow all kinds of rules and laws and demands without kvetching or whining or moaning or groaning. But a law or rule to SAVE YOUR LIFE AND THE LIVES OF OTHERS you refuse to obey.

No one tells you what you can and cannot do! Yeah right. What a bunch of bullsh** that is! See why we think y'all are CRACKPOTS? Because you are.

Posted - November 21, 2020

Responses

I will have Thanksgiving as normal. We will have 10 people as normal. 
      November 21, 2020 7:18 AM MST

They don't follow those rules either. 

(BTW - baptism is not what gets one into heaven)
      November 21, 2020 1:22 PM MST

True, one cannot "earn" heaven. but being born again of water and the spirit seems to be some sort of at least qualifying conditions. This post was edited by tom jackson at November 21, 2020 5:06 PM MST
      November 21, 2020 3:18 PM MST

That depends on one's religion and conception of heaven, or lack thereof.
      November 21, 2020 3:28 PM MST

Not at all---reality (what actually exists) is not affected by human attempts to modify it.

The existence of God or heaven is not subject to majority vote.

November 21, 2020 3:31 PM MST

But it is subject to differences in conception of reality among different religions, denominations, and mindsets. And as arguably a self-fulfilling prophecy, it also is subject to belief. You believe in the Catholic theology and mindset, so that is reality to you. But you are in no position to decide or define reality for non-Catholics.
      November 21, 2020 3:51 PM MST

I believe in Catholic theology (after unsuccessfully attempting to prove it wrong for a number of years) because I was forced to admit that it is the best and most reasonable explanation of the reality that exists.

You have a different construct of what reality actually exists---and I have no problem with that.

But in the long run, both of us cannot be right when one of us thinks that God exists and the other thinks He does not.

I am content with that.
      November 22, 2020 1:27 PM MST

Baptism can't save, nor can works.   Only Jesus can save.  Baptism is simply the way one enters into covenant relationship with Christ.   It's much like "signing on the dotted line".
      November 21, 2020 6:01 PM MST

:):):)
      November 22, 2020 1:59 AM MST

There's a difference between laws and guidelines.
      November 21, 2020 3:29 PM MST

True

law---an ordinance of reason, directed to the common good, made by the proper authority, and properly promulgated.

guideline---A non-specific rule or principle that provides direction to action or behaviour.
      November 21, 2020 3:38 PM MST