Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I do not understand why wealthy parents ship their children off to boarding school, finishing school, military academy. Do you?

I do not understand why wealthy parents ship their children off to boarding school, finishing school, military academy. Do you?

How would you have felt had your parents sent you away from home to live among strangers for years?

I mean I'd have missed my son too much to do that had I the money. I would not have wanted to be sent away from home at any time unless it was MY CHOICE and being me I would never have chosen it.

It seems a rejection of sorts to me. That parents want to be rid of their children for whatever reason.

If it is a matter of what society deems proper I'd ignore it and keep my child at home. Got to school every day of course. It would be a private school. But he would come home after school EVERY DAY.

What do you think? Does sending kids away from home to live among strangers make sense to you? Any of you ever experience it?

Posted - November 22, 2020

Responses