Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is it possible for intelligent people who are hypnotized or brainwashed to become stupid? Or were they stupid to begin with?

Is it possible for intelligent people who are hypnotized or brainwashed to become stupid? Or were they stupid to begin with?

Posted - November 23, 2020

Responses

Stupid is easy.  One doesn't have to do much to obtain it.  Intelligence, however, takes effort (to obtain it and to teach it to others).  Therefore, one might say that stupidity is a sign of laziness.  
      November 23, 2020 11:35 AM MST

Are you implying that stupid is based on lazy and that those who aren't arent? I think many very stupid people work their a**es off doing whatever stupid people do. Like working hard to elect a duck to be "head". Or working hard to convince people that truth is overrated and lies are much better tolerated and all they have to do is roll over lie beg play dead and they will be in doggie heaven. I dunno. I think stupid is a genetic condition that energy won't cure. I could be wrong. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      November 23, 2020 12:29 PM MST

Yes I am, but not in that way.  Lazy as in not wanting or caring about obtaining intelligence (meaning common sense).  In order to discern truth from lies, one has to assess the arguments, correlate it against their current knowledge, and then form an opinion based on their conclusion. 

For example:

(A)  Argument - Cows are green.  Correlation - have never seen a green cow, but posible one might exist, although percentage of probability is insufigant.  Conclusion - statement is false.

(B) Argument - Cows are green.   Conclusion - sounds right to me.

Which is easier, A or B?  That's the "lazy" I'm referring to.
      November 23, 2020 1:09 PM MST

Here's where we disagree on the use of a word. I call that "indifferent". You don't care enough to bother. So you don't. I don't think that's lazy at all. You have a limited amount of time and only so much energy. Why would you waste any of it on something in which you have no interest? That would be stupid and you're not that. We all make choices Shuhak. We follow things of interest. We interact with people we think are worth our time. I don't mean to sound conceited but my time is waning. Most of my life I've already lived. Why would I waste a single minute on a person I don't like or a situation about which I feel nothing? So no you are not lazy. You are "selective". Would you settle for that or do you insist that you're "lazy"? Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 23, 2020 1:15 PM MST

True.  My mind was thinking of all those following trump.  They hear his lies but accept them blindly, not willing to be bothered to see of they're true or not.  Perhaps that is indifference.  
      November 23, 2020 1:31 PM MST

For one thing they are all INCURIOUS. Not a "why" among the lot of them. If one isn't curious enough to ask "why" then anyone can pull anything on them and they will simply comply. I think they just lack the 'right stuff" to do otherwise. It's just who they are. Follow orders without objection. Never question authority. Accept all at all times. There are millions of them and I do not think it's a choice. I think that is what they are. Whom they are. Obedient to authority. You know that saying "ours is not to question why ours is but to do or die"? That's them. No "why". Could I be wrong? Sure. It's just my take on it. Thank you for your reply Shuhak.
      November 24, 2020 2:33 AM MST