Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What is your most favorite and least favorite reasons for shopping? Your most favorite acquisitions and your least favorite?

What is your most favorite and least favorite reasons for shopping? Your most favorite acquisitions and your least favorite?

For me

MOST FAVORITE   Food
LEAST                  Clothes

Posted - November 27, 2020

Responses

I have NO favorite reasons for shopping.  I utterly abhor shopping - of any kind!!  My stint in retail didn't help much either.   I go to grocery stores early (8-9am), and am in and out in 15-20 minutes, depending on lines (with my list clutched tightly in hand).  I only shop for clothes if it's absolutely positively necessary (thank you Amazon!).
      November 27, 2020 11:47 AM MST

Oh gosh I used to spend hours in bookstores back in the day before I had eye surgery. I DEVOURED books. And I've always enjoyed any shopping having to do with food including the things you need to bake roast broil mix braise poach. I used to shop for clothes when stores had month-end specials. I'd buy a $100 sweater for $30! That's the kind of clothes shopping I most enjoy. I've never been a CLOTHES crackpot or SHOES crackpot. Never. Even less so now. I find it boring as he* and also EXHAUSTING. But I can spend hours going from market to grocery store to specialty imported foods shops and become ENERGIZED. Lucky me! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) I also despised going shopping with other people. I like to go at my own speed and not have to adapt to someone else's routine. The only person I've ever enjoyed shopping with besides Jim (HE IS A DREAM) is my sister Carol. We'd have so much fun together. But "girlfriends" or my mom? AARRGGHH! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 28, 2020 9:18 AM MST
      November 28, 2020 1:32 AM MST