Active Now

Shuhak
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Demanding to be treated with respect is not how it works. You either DESERVE it or you don't. Do YOU give respect where it isn't due?

Demanding to be treated with respect is not how it works. You either DESERVE it or you don't. Do YOU give respect where it isn't due?

Posted - November 28, 2020

Responses

A person pushes their way through a crowded room, knocking several people the floor.  They climb up on a table, breaking dishes and spilling drinks into people's laps.  Grabbing a glass from someone else's hand, they tap on it and ask, "Atentin, please; I need your respect".

Respect is earned, not presented.  Some titles are respected as well (eg. king, president, boss).  However, simply because one wears a title of respect doesn't automatically mean that they do - especially if they sully that title.

I try to give respect where respect is due.  However, if they do not deserve that respect, I do not give it.  If their position (title) demands respect (eg. boss) but they don't, I'm simply polite to them.
      November 28, 2020 11:16 AM MST

Me too Shuhak. We are not stupid dumb. If someone has POWER over you well we do not mouth off. We find other ways to protest. Been there done that. You too I betcha! Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 28, 2020 11:34 AM MST
      November 28, 2020 11:24 AM MST