Active Now

Zack
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "November surge is a 'train wreck in slow motion.' " "NEW STAY AT HOME ORDER POSSIBLE". How y'all doing?

"November surge is a 'train wreck in slow motion.' " "NEW STAY AT HOME ORDER POSSIBLE". How y'all doing?

Quotations are the headlines in the Riverside, California Press Enterprise.

".....a new STATEWIDE stay-at-home order could be in store in coming days amid an end-of-year coronavirus surge that could rapidly fill the states' hospitals."

Hope your state is in better shape tnan ours.

Posted - December 1, 2020

Responses

The hospital here is maxed out.  That was the top story on the evening TV news yesterday.

I take a walk in the park every day.  For well over week now the disc golf course there has been packed. Groups of 5-10 people at each "hole" - none wearing masks and none social distancing.  Most players are between the ages of 20 and 35.  And by some strange coincidence, that's also the same age group as the people in the hospital with COVID.   Huh, imagine that.  People just aren't taking this seriously.  They bitch and moan how stores and such need to stay open, but they wont do what's required to make that happen.  Then when it happens, they blame the government for imposing stricter sanctions.  I used to do a 4-mile walk around the park, but due to people's stupidity I don't go past the arboretum (2 miles).  
      December 1, 2020 3:11 PM MST

I know you are very careful Shuhak. I've heard more than one nurse say that as some people lay dying from COVID they insist they don't have it! I mean how do you combat that? Proof is no longer relevant. Only what they believe matters evidence to the contrary notwithstanding.. I'm glad you are able to get out and breathe the air "out there". But I am so saddened by what you describe. I'm certain that is happening everywhere. The health care workers are killing themselves with exhaustion trying to keep alive who don't value life at all. How can that be? I honestly don't get it. Well thank you for your reply m'dear and Happy Wednesday. STAY SAFE. :)
      December 2, 2020 2:00 AM MST