Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Are you enveloped with your love? How do you keep a sense of self and save both from suffocation?

Are you enveloped with your love? How do you keep a sense of self and save both from suffocation?

Posted - October 16, 2016

Responses

Find someone in the same place as yourself for one.    Don't ASPIRE for some dream that has not happened.    Then, fill the present moment with all the things that make you happy regardless of who is watching.   Now, if you don't know the answer? THAT.  THAT is your key to redemption. Because?  If you find another guy?  You are still looking for THAT, not the guy to make you think you found THAT.

THAT happens to be whatever gives you joy.  There is plenty of it around you right this second. And no one is there to kiss you.  So what?  Take back your power and enjoy the NOW and don't worry or fear that someone will come along.  When you learn to love yourself and doing things all by yourself and be perfectly happy?  Then the right person will enter and be just like you.   No worries.  Enjoy the DAY. Today.  And if you are not?  Find some pill or massage or chemical or tape or anything to bring you back to SANITY.

God works really well for me, but that might not be your path today. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 16, 2016 6:09 PM MDT
      October 16, 2016 12:51 PM MDT

Thanks, Sharon! 
      October 16, 2016 12:56 PM MDT

I am totally stoned you guys.   I have tincture of marijuana.   It comes in dropper form.  LOL  Look out world.   No more smoke and no more smell and you get as high as hell.  (I made a rhyme)
      October 16, 2016 1:10 PM MDT

LMAO. I haven't smoked in two months, but I'm reconsidering... 
      October 16, 2016 1:29 PM MDT

Sometimes I think it is a good thing.  Not always the answer, but it DOES help to quell anxiety if you have the right mix.   I feel better now than the last 2 weeks that is for sure. 

I am the devil.
      October 16, 2016 1:37 PM MDT

• When you're with the right person the self doesn't disappear, it's a celebration of the others self, why would I not want to be engulfed and consumed by that feeling? Where nothing exist beyond that bubble of suffocation..I don't see that the two are mutually exclusive.
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 16, 2016 3:23 PM MDT
      October 16, 2016 2:02 PM MDT

Thank you, Lago. I think we are similar in this way. 
      October 16, 2016 2:47 PM MDT

The Self IS love.
    ...not the egoic self
    but your True Self
      October 16, 2016 3:44 PM MDT

Sharonna has this down.  You find someone that is in the same place in life.  Hopefully you are coming together as two very solid people.  If you are strong within your own rite, no matter how intense the relationship is, you will not lose yourself in it.
      October 16, 2016 3:48 PM MDT

♪What is love? Don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more♫
    No, seriously. Love is a spice, a pokemon or something like that? Hey, sorry for not being helpful. I am just joking. I will leave now. *Closes the tab*
      October 16, 2016 4:28 PM MDT

hehe Thanks, Peter. 
      October 17, 2016 12:20 AM MDT

I actually don't know. I have never felt loved. I am used to it now and just carry on.
      October 16, 2016 6:08 PM MDT

• If you can imagine someone who clearly does love you, how do they behave? What would she do that clearly shows that she loves you? What would she say, how would she say it and in what circumstances?
    What do you need in order to feel loved?
      October 16, 2016 6:12 PM MDT

I didn't like your response, element, because of the content, but because of the honesty, and because you took the time to respond. It's never too late...
      October 17, 2016 12:15 AM MDT