Active Now

Zack
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is there any song that always brings a smile to your face because of the memories associated with it?

Is there any song that always brings a smile to your face because of the memories associated with it?

My brother-in-law is 82. On his 50th birthday my sister and I gave him a party. The ENTIRE family showed up at their place. There were about 15 of us. Kids and grandkids all there. We decorated the living room and had ordered the food CATERED so all we had to do was pick up the cake and then go to the Deli and pick that up. That way we could all enjoy it and not get stuck in the kitchen.

After we'd eaten and cleared things up we were all just sitting in the living room. Content I think. We were quiet. Then my brother-in-law got up, left the room and came back with his guitar. Without a word he began playing AMAZING GRACE. And of course we all began to sing. First of all I was stunned that everyone in the room KNEW THE WORDS. Not everyone there attended church. But they knew the song. After we were done there were glistening eyes and IT WAS GOOD.

I will never forget that day. I doubt that anyone else there will either.

Do you have a precious song-related memory too that you would like to share?

Posted - December 5, 2020

Responses