Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Vaccines will not reduce COVID spread till late spring." Whatcha gonna do till then?

"Vaccines will not reduce COVID spread till late spring." Whatcha gonna do till then?

Posted - December 9, 2020

Responses

The same things I'm doing now.  One cannot expect an pandemic to simply vanish overnight.

I know full well that a lot of people are going to believe that the instant they get vaccinated (even with their first dose), that everything will suddenly be "normal" again.  As they're heading back to their car, they'll rip their mask off and toss it in the trash.  Done and done!  And they'll ridicule the few who don't.  This attitude will surface on just the first batch of inoculations (in a few weeks).  
      December 9, 2020 11:24 AM MST

What are the odds you will live with this until you die? I'm decades older so I can't use me but I can use you. Do you really foresee a time and place where people care about other people? Right now they don't give a rat's a** obviously. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      December 9, 2020 12:58 PM MST

No.  People will always be uncaring.  And, sadly, they'll only get worse.
      December 9, 2020 6:02 PM MST

Why? Is that why unanswerable? Why are some so kind and thoughtful and caring and some so the opposite? If it's all in our DNA could we "wipe" it out one day? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Here goes.
      December 10, 2020 1:32 AM MST

Because being uncaring is easy.  Caring about others takes a bit of effort.  (Simply saying "I care" doesn't mean that one actually does.)  People are being taught to ask, "what's in it for me?"; either by their (or lack thereof), or society.  This attitude is more contagious than any virus, poisoning the minds of the few who were once fighting against it.  
      December 10, 2020 9:45 AM MST

Easy. I wonder is it easy caring about the dumb cluck duck for his adoring worshippers? Does it just come naturally? And they uncare about all the folks the dumb cluck duck insults attacks harms? How does that work exactly Shuhak? They care about the evil monster and care nothing about his monstrously afflicted victims. How does that work exactly? Any idea? Thank you for your reply. I shall ask. :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 10, 2020 4:04 PM MST
      December 10, 2020 12:36 PM MST

Carry on with the precautions, for as Shuhak says, pandemics do not just vanish. 
      December 9, 2020 3:26 PM MST

True. So we cope the best we can with whatever comes up. Meanwhile people go about their lives as they are wired to do. Seems hopeless. Thank you for your reply Durdle and Happy Thursday! :)
      December 10, 2020 1:34 AM MST