Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Before the pandemic how often did you take your kids to bookstores and libraries and spend hours there?

Before the pandemic how often did you take your kids to bookstores and libraries and spend hours there?

When you were a youngster how often did your parents take you to bookstores and libraries and libraries? Was it a regular thing you did often, rarely or never?

Posted - December 10, 2020

Responses

Never
    never
      December 10, 2020 8:26 AM MST

Not as adults. You NEVER took your kids to libraries or bookstores when they were kids? NEVER EVER? Okey dokey. Thank you for your reply. Different strokes for different folks, This post was edited by RosieG at December 10, 2020 1:05 PM MST
      December 10, 2020 12:27 PM MST

When they were very young, if we went to a bookstore, they would accompany us, of course. A funny story. When my son was still an infant, maybe nine months, we went to a bookstore to browse around. On our way out, little Eric grabbed a book and we didn't notice.(He was in a baby backpack.)   We got a few yards into the mall before we discovered it. We returned it. The clerk thought it was funny, as did we. He was reading at three. We purchased many age appropriate books for the kids. We didn't need to take them to the library as the schools they went to had excellent ones.
      December 10, 2020 1:13 PM MST

Yes. I can relate. My son got his library card when he was 3. We went to the library every week and got the limit of books we were allowed. It stood him in good stead. Teach a child to read early and you open the world to him/her. Love of reading bodes well for success. Good for you and your wife. The fact that the schools had excellent libraries is swell. But it can't touch the fun of going with your child to the library on a regular basis and meandering and browsing and hanging out and bringing home more books to read. Just my opinion E. For what it's worth. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      December 11, 2020 1:49 AM MST