Active Now

DannyPetti
Pet Eater
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "If ya can't beat 'em join 'em". Who joins who/whom? "When in Rome do as the Romans do." Why on earth would you? Why not do what you SHOULD?

"If ya can't beat 'em join 'em". Who joins who/whom? "When in Rome do as the Romans do." Why on earth would you? Why not do what you SHOULD?

Wherever you are be you. Don't be homogenized and lose yourself in the faceless soulless crowd. Don't be emulsified.

Posted - December 23, 2020

Responses

Well that is an over-simplification. Whatever we do we are always ourselves.  Because as humans we need fellowship some situations we try to fit in even though we may be uncomfortable a little doing it.  If I expect people to come to me I know that is not going to happen. So some things we go along with for the sake of being social (or, sometimes now, "social distancing").  Which does not mean we necessarily must give up our deeply held beliefs.  In social situations there are accepted ways of doing things which may be just a matter of tradition or personal preference.  To be accepted by a group we might go along, also because we now that to do anything else would make them uncomfortable.  All those things are just part of life.  Although we can be true to ourselves we can also want to enjoy company.  Because we are not "islands unto ourselves". 
      December 23, 2020 6:41 AM MST

John Donne. "Never send to know for whom the bells toll. They toll for thee." No man is an island unto himself. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee og.
      December 23, 2020 6:58 AM MST