Active Now

DannyPetti
Pet Eater
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How long does it take to build a house versus how long does it take to tear one down? Are homo saps better at destroying than at building?

How long does it take to build a house versus how long does it take to tear one down? Are homo saps better at destroying than at building?

Due to impatience or indifference?

Posted - December 26, 2020

Responses

It is always easier to destroy than to build. 

Sometimes the destruction is more fun. We converted an old camper into a caged trailer.  That was fun we started with sledge hammers and crow bars etc.  Took a couple hours.  
    My husband has been working for months on the rest building the cage. Replacing axles, running lights etc.  But it is nearly finished. 

Building requires planning and correct execution of that plan. 
    Destruction non of that is needed just swing hard. 
      December 26, 2020 3:45 AM MST

On those DIY shows it is always so amusing to me that the tearing down seems to bring so much fun! They smacked attack everything making holes and pulling out and dragging away. What replaces what was is also so amazingly better. I have great diffculty VISUALIZING anything physical. I always have. I don't know why. Those designers who show the home owners what THEY visualize to replace what will be destroiyed just blows my mind! HOW do they do it and execute it and always have it come out the way they visualized it? Amazing. I've never torn anything down but I can see that it would be a great way to vent if you're upset or angry and it wouldn't be hurting anything it would be helping! Now your husband had to visualize what the result would be first right before he started. What about you m2c? Are you a good visualizer? I wonder what part of the brain is involved with that? Anyway thank you for your reply. "Building requires planning and correct execution of that plan". Easier said than done m'dear. For me at least. I wouldn't know where to start. Is it possible for you to post a photo when your husband is done with the conversion?
      December 26, 2020 4:58 AM MST

I am not so good at visualing it in my mind. But I have a computer program that I can draw a plan and it will show me a picture. So I can see it better.  
    We had some property years ago were we planned to build a home. Drawing floor plans for it was really fun.  We did get the basement built and finished but sold it before builting out the upper floor. 
    Ues I will post a pict when he gets it done. 
      December 26, 2020 5:06 AM MST

((hugs)) Thanks m2c. That would be great! So you also aren't so good at visualizing then but clearly your husband is. Jim is VERY GOOD at that. You know what? I wonder if it is a gender thing? I shall ask. Maybe other gals out there are kinda like us in that regard. If so I wonder it is spefically that would cause it? So you draw a plan like a blueprint you mean and then the computer converts that into the end product? Hmm. That sounds very helpful. Here I go with my gender question! :)
      December 26, 2020 6:10 AM MST