Active Now

Pet Eater
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How long could YOU keep a job that you did sporadically when you "felt like it" and didn't do at all when you didn't?

How long could YOU keep a job that you did sporadically when you "felt like it" and didn't do at all when you didn't?

Would you keep an employee on who did that? For how long? Why?

Posted - December 27, 2020

Responses

I'd be fired within a week.   Unfortunately, I had to keep employees like that.  The union wouldn't let me fire them without one verbal warning AND two written warnings (given within 30 days), AND that said warnings were for the same offence (except in the case of theft or sexual harassment).  You'd be surprised at how many "good" employees suddenly get lazy once probation has ended.

(did I mention I hate unions?)
      December 27, 2020 10:43 AM MST

I'd be shocked. Then they really wren't "good" at all were they? I think sometimes incompetence and indifferences is contagious. You see folks doing little to nothing and getting away with it. Why should you bust your butt working hard? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      December 28, 2020 4:06 AM MST

I bust my butt because it's the right thing to do.  Just because others are lazy doesn't mean I have to be as well. 
      December 28, 2020 9:41 AM MST

Ditto. Every last day I worked at any job I left I gave it my all and didn't sluff anything off. I always left a job in excellent condition for the next person. At my last job where I retired the "boss" said I could leave early and I said "thanks but I can't. There are a few more things I need to get done." She was shocked. I was not. Just me being me. I left a little after5pm not regretting a single thing. It suited me while I worked there and I gave it my best while I was there. It's me I have to please always. And I'm tough to please when it comes to work! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      December 29, 2020 3:21 AM MST