Active Now

DannyPetti
Pet Eater
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The simple fact is that some of us here now may not be here next year. We don't know yet how we'll be affected. Do we?.

The simple fact is that some of us here now may not be here next year. We don't know yet how we'll be affected. Do we?.

Perhaps we should accelerate our AULD LANG SYNE and not wait for New Year's Eve.

AULD LANG SYNE
Old times esp. times fondly remembered
Old or long friendship

Literally "old long since". Old long-ago days.

Even during the worst times we've had some very good times here. For those of us who migratred from Answerbag we had some really great times way back then didn't we?

To all those whose lives we touched who touched ours who are no longer around thanks.

Posted - December 27, 2020

Responses

That is how life works. Anyone of us could be gone tomorrow. 
    We should always try to enjoy the present.
      December 27, 2020 7:00 AM MST

Jim got a call at 5:30am from his best friend Alan. His daughter Amber died last night of COVID. In her 30's two children and she was morbidly obese. It took less than a week for her to die. Her lungs were affected immediately. Now it's getting very close. Thank you for your stoic laid back disconnected aloof remark. "That's how life works". Very comforting.  Do you think you could do better than that and FEEL something? This post was edited by RosieG at December 27, 2020 9:23 AM MST
      December 27, 2020 7:27 AM MST

Sorry for your loss. 

(I cannot read minds...your question did not indicate you lost a friend)

Again sorry for your loss. 
      December 27, 2020 9:20 AM MST

Thank you. Why would that have mattered at all m2c? You are all head no heart all the time when it comes to the "head". Your heart is reserved for non-political things. Elsewise otherwise you are hardwired to not feel anything that may be detrimental to the "head" whom you support without question. It is a puzzlement how you can shut that part of yourself off completely but it is what you do in my opinion.
      December 28, 2020 4:26 AM MST

I purposely do not make decisions based on emotion. It causes people to make rash and impulsive decisions/actions that one has to regret later. 
    I prefer to know more information and not make decisions while I am emotional about an issue. 
      December 28, 2020 5:04 AM MST