Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If we judge not then we choose not or prefer not. Every single choice you make and every preference you have is due to a JUDGMENT. So don't?

If we judge not then we choose not or prefer not. Every single choice you make and every preference you have is due to a JUDGMENT. So don't?

That is among the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

Judge not lest ye be not judged. OMG!

So the crreps and corrupted crooked criminals and rapists and murderers and cheaters and liars should get off the hook because I got a parking ticket? In what universe does that make any sense at all?

I mean c'mon! GET A GRIP. USE YOUR BRAIN. THINK!

Posted - December 28, 2020

Responses

One needs to take the quote in its entirety....

"... 
    Otherwise, you will be judged by the same standard you use to judge others. The standards you use for others will be applied to you." 

Jesus isn't talking about judging as in making decisions (evaluating). Nor is He talking about legal judges (in a courtroom).  He isn't even talking about the "final judgement" (end of time).  He's simply saying...

The measuring stick we use to measure others will be the same measuring stick they'll use on us.  
    If we criticize others (holding them up to OUR standards) they're going to criticize us (according to THEIR standards).
    If we impute motives, and pretend to read hearts, others will do the same towards us.

In other words, how we treat others is how they're going to treat us. 

December 28, 2020 11:47 AM MST

I have ZERO problem with being judged as I judge. ZERO. I despise LIARS. I despise cheaters. I despise those who commit treason. I despise those whose self-interest is placed above the interests of others 24/7. I despise conceited prigs. I despise those who would do only harm to others because they are so wanting in anything of value. J'accuse. J'accuse J'accuse. Judge not lest ye be not judged is bullsh**. Gibberish. Claptrap. Junk. Some embrace it bigly. I pity them. And so it goes. Imputing motive to a murderer? To a rapist? To a pedophile who rapes tortures murders little children? This is wrong BECAUSE? See what I mean? Break it down into its parts. There is nothing that vile "head" has done that would apply to me in any measure at any level at any time. NOTHING. So I judge him quite properly. In my opinion. BY MY STANDARDS. You judge too don't you?  Now if we judge others using our standards they will judge us using their standards. What other way does anyone judge anyone? By his/her standards. That is why all the adoring worshippers of the "head" adore him because his standards appeal to them. They sanction everything he does/says no matter how egregious ghastly gory self-serving cruel mean evil selfish self-serving disdainful and contemptuously contemptible. I judge the "head" and his adoring worshippers by my standards. This is the only way we can judge isn't it? Thank you for our reply Shuhak. Did I just beat a dead horse? If so apologies! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 29, 2020 9:50 AM MST
      December 29, 2020 2:45 AM MST

You're talking about judging crimes (offences).   Of course we're supposed to judge those.  To do otherwise would be foolish.  

These verses are more on the lines of moral superiority. "When you point one finger, there are three fingers pointing back a you". 
      December 29, 2020 10:14 AM MST

Not just crimes but lifetstyles too. I mean living the life of a hoor? Is selling your body a crime? What about selling your soul to a craven politician?  I dunno. Opinion/judgment. No difference. The only escape from it is complete indifference. That I am NOT at all. Some live by that. They never get involved nor care what the outcome is as long as it doesn't affect them they do not give a sh** about any of it. That's not me. I opine and reflect and ponder and wonder and decide and JUDGE everything and everyone all the time INCLUDING ME. I am a human being..a THINKING human being. That's what we do. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 29, 2020 4:48 PM MST
      December 29, 2020 12:55 PM MST

Have to take that up with God.
      December 29, 2020 4:27 PM MST