Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you a perfectionist? Do you live with one 24/7 as I do? Sometimes it does get just a tad wee bit annoying to be honest. Why are they?

Are you a perfectionist? Do you live with one 24/7 as I do? Sometimes it does get just a tad wee bit annoying to be honest. Why are they?

Me? I'm happy if something almost nearly but not quite does the job. I adapt. I settle. I move on and don't sweat it.

Others? Well you see they have what I call an "engineer's brain and eye". They look at something and immediately spot the flaw and that is where all their attention goes. I know perfection isn't possible so I never try to be it nor seek it. It bothers me not at all.

Some do and they go through life always disappointed. SIGH.

Posted - December 30, 2020

Responses

Sometimes it can annoying to us too.   The voice in your head telling you that picture frame on the wall is 1/64 of a degree off.  (I mean, it's not like the world will come to an end unless it's 100% level, right?)  But it HAS to be "perfect". 

Sometimes imperfections can have dire consequences.  One tiny imperfection on a rocket can equal KABOOM!  If one's building rockets, it's rather nice to have a perfectionist on the payroll. 
      December 30, 2020 12:45 PM MST

It's really hard for me to imagine being you or being Jim or being all the others of your "ilk" who are wired that way Shuhak. I know I'm a happier person than Jim simply because little things don't annoy me at all. I'm wired to be appreciative,grateful of whatever we have. He is wired to be annoyed because everything isn't working to its optimum potential. I'm a settler accepter go with what I have and make it work sort. He isn't. I can't imagine being like that. But if I were to offer you condolences it would be impertinent and out of line and I don't what to be either. Thank you for your reply m'dear. It is harder being you than being me I'm sure. :)
      December 31, 2020 3:29 AM MST