Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Didn't hear all of it. As heard on TV every six seconds a new case of COVID is reported. In L.A. or our state is what I don't know. SCARY?

Didn't hear all of it. As heard on TV every six seconds a new case of COVID is reported. In L.A. or our state is what I don't know. SCARY?

Posted - January 4, 2021

Responses

I heard that, too.  I think it was on 60 Minutes yesterday when they interviewed Mayor Garcetti.  It is scary - there's almost no way to avoid coming in contact with someone who has it.
      January 4, 2021 3:48 PM MST

I know. It's very scary out here and the worst is yet to come we are told so hopefully we will make it. Never been in a situation where ppssible death hung overhead 24/7. There is a first time for everything I suppose. I I heard that a case of that new strain was found in New York yesterday and that the entire country..the U.K. ..is on lockdown as of yesterday. I can't imagine what "the worst" will be yet. Can you? Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 5, 2021 1:57 AM MST

Actually, I believe there are now 4 cases of the new strain - 3 people who were in close contact with the first person.  The initial person did not travel at all, so the contagion is within his locale.  What I can't understand is that the hospitals and nursing homes have all received their allotted doses of vaccine yet less than 50% of them have been given to the first line people and the nursing home residents.  Cuomo said that if all the doses have not been administered in NYC in the next 7 days, the state is going to take over.  
      January 5, 2021 6:23 AM MST

Likely the workers do not want it.
      January 5, 2021 6:25 AM MST

10% of nursing home residents and 13% of nursing home staff have rejected being vaccinated.  That leaves a whole lot of other people who want it and can't get it.
      January 5, 2021 6:31 AM MST

Sounds like the states need to do their job. 
    Feds got it delivered. States are in charge of adminstering the vaccine.
      January 5, 2021 7:06 AM MST

"They" got doses out to different places but there was no plan of how to administer them.

Sure you can lead a horse to water but if horse is on a bridge 300 feet above the water source what happens? Nothing. Same thing here. The Devil is in the details and no one is detail-oriented apparently. As usual duckhead blames everything that goes wrong on the states. He takes no responsibility for anything but having browbeaten the creation of the vaccines. Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 5, 2021 7:08 AM MST
      January 5, 2021 6:49 AM MST

I might understand that explanation if not for the fact that every nursing home has doctors and nurses and nurses aides who can administer the doses.  It appears to only need to be injected into a muscle, so it doesn't require looking for a vein.

As for hospitals - they are replete with doctors of all sort, nurses, nurses aides, etc. so there's no reason why they can't schedule a time for their employees to get vaccinated.  
      January 5, 2021 6:52 AM MST

I'm hearing the opposite. A severe lack of personnel to do the work. Some get the virus and are taken out of service thus exacerbating it. The mammoth influx of new cases is stretching the front line workers too far. Something is going to snap. Another surge (which we know is just ahead) will break the system in California..or so I've read. So nothing we need to work right is. As more cases are detected and more patients are neglected more will die. It is inevitable. How much of this we can ascribe to the duckhead I honestly don't know. But had someone else been at the helm I KNOW thousands of Americans would not have died. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      January 5, 2021 6:57 AM MST

When something like this happens, the government (federal, state, municipal) needs to think outside the box.  I'm sure there are plenty of retired medical personnel that could vaccinate hospital workers.  CVS, Walgreens Walmart - all of which have numerous locations, should be given the go ahead to vaccinate as should any other reputable pharmacy.  Anh time you have the government handling something this big, it becomes a SNAFU.
      January 5, 2021 7:11 AM MST

We're in July and here we are again all thanks due to the ANTIVAXXERS! Neverending cycle. Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 21, 2021 7:43 AM MDT
      July 21, 2021 4:16 AM MDT