Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Reality being what it is today in California yesterday I wore both a FACE MASK and a FACE SHIELD and will do so from now on . Do you too?

Reality being what it is today in California yesterday I wore both a FACE MASK and a FACE SHIELD and will do so from now on . Do you too?

I expect that gives more protection than only one. I go out only when we need something from the market, or to get a prescription or for a doctor's appointment. THAT'S IT. PERIOD. Otherwise I am a stay-at-home 24/7. Will that save me? I dunno. It's the best I can do.

Posted - January 8, 2021

Responses

At first, I only wore a face mask inside stores or other places where people gathered.  I didn't wear it when I went from my building to my garage and back or when I went to throw out trash, but now I wear it as soon as I leave my apartment (although not to go to the garbage disposal room).  Most people in my neighborhood are wearing masks outdoors.  
      January 8, 2021 6:52 AM MST

Just a face mask though right honey? Well  a few months ago my sister who lives in northern Nevada told me when she leaves the house she wears both a face mask and a face shield. I thought that was a bit much. But now as things are becoming so much worse and that variant that spreads 70% faster is here I think it makes sense for me to do that. Yesterday was my first trial run and actually it wasn't bad at all. We do what we can when we can if we can. Right? Thank you for your reply L. Is New York locked down or not?
      January 8, 2021 7:02 AM MST

Yes, just a face mask.  If I put anything else in front of my mouth and nose, I'll drop dead from claustrophobia. :)  As far as I know, the only lockdown are bars, restaurants for indoor dining, nail salons and such.
      January 8, 2021 9:34 AM MST

I was awfully claustrophobic at first and in the summer it was so hot. But now that it's colder it helps keep my face warm. But I sure know what you mean. Just wearing the shield is comfy and not confining at all and since I don't wear glasses it helps protect my eyes. The virus can get in through your eyes too I read. But I'm gonna be a real good girl and keep doing it. I think you can get used to almost anything you have to if you put your mind to it. Plus which I'm stubborn which helps! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to you :)
      January 9, 2021 1:35 AM MST

I have to wear the mask, I know, but that's as far as I'm going. :)  Happy Saturday. :)
      January 9, 2021 6:48 AM MST

Well remember New York is better off now than California virus wise. But now ARIZONA leads the world in new cases and California is second in line. We are now entering the worst of times. I don't know how worst will be manifested here but well we will find that out. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      January 9, 2021 6:49 AM MST

I think yesterday's NY number was a little over 9% and we have the new strain now.  Los Angeles supposedly is in such dire straits that EMTs have been instructed that if they can't save someone in 10 minutes, let them go and move on to someone they can save.  Sounds brutal, but when you're so much over hospital capacity, what else is there to do?
      January 9, 2021 6:52 AM MST

Exactly. I did not know you were at 9%. Last I heard I think Arizona is near 20% which of course is horrible. Did you ever chat with OLD SCHOOL when he was here? He lives in Phoenix so now I have him to worry about. I know things will be worse somewhat everywhere for awhile. How much worse and how long it will last is anyone's guess. They are already in dire straights oxygen-wise in California and medical help wise. They are already deciding whom to help. The ones who have the best chance of surviving. So they are put in a situation where they have to decide who lives and who might die. Can you imagine anyone ever signing on for THAT? I can't and my heart goes out to all of them. Meanwhile there is much to fear if we get the virus so our prime thing is surviving this. Yours too. Fingers crossed we all do my friend. I don't want this to be the why our friendship stops. I know you don't as well. We just keep doing what we know will help and hope that is enough! ((hugs)) This post was edited by RosieG at January 9, 2021 7:00 AM MST
      January 9, 2021 6:56 AM MST

It is a very dire situation in CA and AZ and I'm afraid we haven't yet hit the peak of the cases that will result from the end of year holidays.  I may never leave the house for anything other than food!
      January 9, 2021 7:01 AM MST

I know. We've been so overwhelmed with the dickhead attempt at a coup I lost sight of what was occurring in my own backyard. However it cannot be ignored any longer. Buckle up. We will overcome. We will survive. With a little bit of luck! :)
      January 9, 2021 7:07 AM MST

With a little luck, we will come through this OK.  
      January 9, 2021 7:42 AM MST

Yep. A bit of the Irish good luck? I'm not Irish of course but my surname lended itself to be made Irish every St. Patrick's Day. I'd just put an O' in front of it for the day. I think a bit of Irish is a good thing. I mean they are into good luck and 4-leaf clovers and leprechauns who will give you a pot of gold if you can find them at the end of a rainbow. They begosh and begorra "How are things in Glocamorra". Didja ever see the movie FINIAN's RAINBOW with Fred Astaire? Ever hear of ELLA LOGAN L? She was a broadway star many years ago and I heard her sing "Look look look to the rainbow" and even still today I hear her voice in my head and that song always bring tears to my eyes. I don't know why. She had a particularly unique voice. How odd the word "luck" brought all of that to mind. The mind works in peculiar ways sometimes. At least mine does! Thank you for your reply! :). This post was edited by RosieG at January 9, 2021 1:33 PM MST
      January 9, 2021 7:54 AM MST

I've heard of the movie, but have never seen it.  I do recall hearing the song.  Interesting how one word or phrase from something or someone and it brings back a memory long forgotten. :)
      January 9, 2021 1:34 PM MST

I've heard of the movie, but have never seen it.  I do recall hearing the song.  Interesting how one word or phrase from something or someone and it brings back a memory long forgotten. :)
      January 9, 2021 1:34 PM MST