Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Authenticity and resilience are the buzzwords of today. What do they mean to you and in what ways do they describe you?

Authenticity and resilience are the buzzwords of today. What do they mean to you and in what ways do they describe you?

Posted - October 18, 2016

Responses

• They mean the same as my parents meant when they said no BS and never ever give up!
      October 18, 2016 5:42 PM MDT

• Authencity is being true to yourself, accepting yourself as you are, not trying to project yourself in a false light. 
    Resiliece is the ability to take it on the chin when you deserve it,  and getting up again when knocked over. 

Authencity has its consequences. If one is aurhenric, one soon learns to be resilient as well. C'est la vie. 
      October 18, 2016 6:38 PM MDT

I love that you are following up on my previous 'word of the day' questions (or came up with them yourselves... not important at all... I love these questions that makes one reflect)... I haven't been there for a while...

Yesterday for sure had its moments... I faced different versions of sincerity, and thereby also authenticity. Can we stay true to ourselves, our own authenticity and at the same time be part of an online community..?

For once, everything we do, and feel is all based on perceptions... Hmm. I had to find all my resilience to walk away in time, and not keep up feeding the hungry monsters eating my authenticity. Rather awkward how one political question by roundabouts can turn out being unhealthy for our souls, all because we try stick to ourselves, and our authenticity.

Another day in school of life. A tough one. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 19, 2016 1:55 PM MDT
      October 19, 2016 2:54 AM MDT