Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How often does one encounter PERFECTION PERSONIFIED in one lifetime? Have you? What was it and why so perfectiony?

How often does one encounter PERFECTION PERSONIFIED in one lifetime? Have you? What was it and why so perfectiony?

Posted - January 15, 2021

Responses

There is a reason I like math and science.
      January 15, 2021 2:57 PM MST

Math can reach perfection I think. I have never taken any math beyond algebra and geometry. So the higher levels are beyond my ken. Even so I see perfection therein. Science on the other hand is constantly on the prowl for being perfected  and as a result is always refining rethinking re-examining testing investigating corroborating duplicating replicating verifying. Science said the world was flat and if you went too close to the edge you'd fall off. It isn't. If we keep seeking perfection (which after all is TRUTH isn't it?) we have a better chance of reaching it than if we don't. You know MUCH BETTER THAN I all of those tweaks and huge advances and rethinking in Science. When we reach perfection all the veils hiding all the mysteries of the universe will have dropped away. I think that day is very far away. But I'm not the scientist here. Just an observer. Scientists said the earth was the center of the universe. It isn't.  Thank you for your reply E! :) Has anything in math been revised discounted disclaimed? Is math an abstract construct invented by homo saps to try to make sense of life? Do we impute anything to it or is it intrinsically true? OK. I'm done for now! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 16, 2021 7:48 AM MST
      January 16, 2021 4:47 AM MST