Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » January 20, 2021. The BEST day America has had in FOUR YEARS! Did you watch the all-day-long celebration? Didja see the FIREWORKS?

January 20, 2021. The BEST day America has had in FOUR YEARS! Did you watch the all-day-long celebration? Didja see the FIREWORKS?

Didja see Americans of all sizes and shapes participating all over the country? Little kids to old folks like me.
Non-stop! A couple of the acts weren't my cuppa. But mostly they were. Who whomever how many ever were involved in the planning of the day I give my sincerest KUDOS to. As far as I could see it all went off WITHOUT A HITCH OR A GLITCH. It was amazing. I know all the rest of the days can't possibly be up to that but I also know hope wish pray that our dark days are behind us. We move forward. WE DON'T LOOK BACK.

Happy Thursday January 21, 2021! The first day of the rest of our lives! SIGH.
Bon Jovi sang HERE COMES THE SUN at dawn as the sun was rising. Justin Timberlake sang with someone with whom I'm not familiar but it started soft and quiet and slow and ended with a riotious joyous dancing singing group number. Demi Lovato knocked it out of the ballpark.

Imagine. Our POET LAUREATE is 22 years old! 22 years old! John Legend? WOW!  As usual he was awesome great! Katy Perry sang with FIREWORKS going off behind her. So many people were CRAMMED into the program. Each one a jewel. Folks like you and me... not just celebrities. And the Boss...Bruce Springsteen. I wonder if any of them ASKED to be allowed to participate or were they all sought out? Tom Hanks was the M.C. You'd have to go pretty far to get better than that.

It was a HUGE block party from coast to coast. A long time coming. I won't forget it.

Posted - January 21, 2021

Responses