Active Now

DannyPetti
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Two-edged sword? Does what we invent to make our lives easier also make us lazier? Does a microwave lazify cooks?

Two-edged sword? Does what we invent to make our lives easier also make us lazier? Does a microwave lazify cooks?

You defrost frozen dinners. You buy "fast" food. You cook or reheat in a lot less time than you ever took using a conventional oven.

Convenience breeds sloth? That's kinda harsh. Is it true?

Posted - January 21, 2021

Responses

Since I don't really like to eat anymore,(I eat to not be hungry.) I no longer like to cook. Frozen pizzas and frozen ready made meals are easy, quick and cheap.

January 21, 2021 8:57 AM MST

Were you ever a Foodie E? You know I am STILL at 83 and so is Jim STILL at 85. Loss of appetite is not a good thing. Is it just that the food doesn't taste good? What you show in your response? I've tried them when I had coupons and they're pretty good actually. Thank you for your reply. I fear/dread a day when I have no appetite. It's why I cook what I cook every day. That's why I have tons of options always available so whatever I crave most always I can make it at home. Jim is very easy to please and always tells me that what I made was what he was hungry for. I know that can't be true but I don't mind his shading it because he says that because he loves me. Anyway I hope your appetite comes back. Food is one of the great joys in life in my opinion. Did it ever used to be yours back in the day? This post was edited by RosieG at January 21, 2021 12:55 PM MST
      January 21, 2021 12:38 PM MST

I used to be a foodie and cooked a lot. I had to since my first wife was so lazy. When I was training recruits I was consuming about 4000 calories a day. I slacked off about 5 years into my second marriage...about ten years ago. I get hungry several times a day, but just eat a snack.
      January 21, 2021 12:58 PM MST

Ah - but the 30 minutes the food is taking in the oven rather than the 5 minutes in the microwave, gives you 25 minutes to do something else.
      January 22, 2021 4:11 PM MST