Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "England's 3rd lockdown sees no evidence of decline in COVID rates." WHAT? Locking down has NO EFFECT? HOW CAN THAT BE TRUE?

"England's 3rd lockdown sees no evidence of decline in COVID rates." WHAT? Locking down has NO EFFECT? HOW CAN THAT BE TRUE?

Posted - January 21, 2021

Responses

It almost certainly has had a huge effect but short of placing everyone under house-arrest a lock-down cannot be guaranteed to stop the disease spreading completely.

It can only slow it down, and although it is a well-known maxim that you cannot prove a negative, without it the country would be in a far worse state than it is.  

What we are seeing at the moment is probably a combination of Christmas when the lock-down was briefly eased, and this new variant that is more easily transmitted - and some now fear may be more potentially lethal too.
      January 22, 2021 3:48 PM MST

I read that and it is not at all comforting. The virus keeps morphing into variants. Some relatively "harmless" but some? We can't stop it apparently. It is the way a virus survives. By constantly changing to stay ahead of anything that will contain restrict or stop its spread. I don't think there is a bottom to it. You know what the problem is and it is unsolvable. People who refuse to cooperate. People who refuse to participate. People who are selfish ignorant hostile and mentally defective in some way. To ignore a CERTAIN way to prevent death? How absurd is that? That is exactly what they do. Their "RIGHTS" are all they care about. There is a question there which I shall ask when I'm finish this post.Thank you for your reply Durdle. I think we have more of them than any other country. Lucky us. :(
      January 23, 2021 1:17 AM MST