Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever frequent a bar or restaurant often enough that the server there says "the usual?" when you show up? What is your "usual"?

Ever frequent a bar or restaurant often enough that the server there says "the usual?" when you show up? What is your "usual"?

Posted - January 22, 2021

Responses

No.  It's been a long time since I was a frequent patron of a bar.  In my early 20s, there was a neighborhood pub that my boyfriend and I went to several times a week as they had dancing after 9 PM and the bartender got to know us pretty well.  
      January 22, 2021 8:16 AM MST

I was never a "frequent" bar goer but I have been in bars with a date or a mate. My FAVORITE bar by far? The "no-name" bar in San Francisco. It was behind an unmarked door. No kidding. People would pass right on by not knowing what was behind it. It was dark and cool in both temperature and ambiance. My date and I had dinner at what was then a very elegant restaurant. I think it was "The Blue Fox" or something like that. I was in my 20's and I don't really remember exactly. Then we went to the NO NAME BAR and I believe either had a beer or an after-dinner drink. Oh maybe the bar was in Sausalito the town just over the Golden Gate Bridge. It could have been there. It capped the end to a perfect day! So long ago and far away and yet I can recall it vividly in my mind's eye! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      January 23, 2021 4:05 AM MST

We used to meet up with a bunch of friends when we went to that bar.  It was called Churchill's Plum.  Always had a good time and I loved that they had live music on the weekends and sometimes, even during the week.  
      January 23, 2021 7:12 AM MST

That bar's name needs some 'splainin'! Churchill's PLUM? As in plums? Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 6, 2021 6:18 AM MDT
      April 6, 2021 6:17 AM MDT

It was kind of a take-off on a very well-attended bar in Manhattan called "Churchill's Pub."  Had that old-time English pub feel with the dark wood bar and tables and the timbered ceiling.  They had live music on the weekends and it was really nice.
      April 6, 2021 1:45 PM MDT

Now that's the kind of environment I would have felt comfy being in. Are they still in business? Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 10, 2021 5:55 AM MDT

I have no idea if they're still in business.  I haven't been back to my old neighborhood in decades.  I didn't see it anywhere on Google.
      April 10, 2021 8:00 AM MDT

Then it's probably gone. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 10, 2021 8:02 AM MDT