Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I wonder how much being a painfully shy child shapes the adult one becomes? I'm not a competitor are you? Why?

I wonder how much being a painfully shy child shapes the adult one becomes? I'm not a competitor are you? Why?

I have ZERO interest in being first or best or at the top. NONE. That doesn't seem normal to me but there it is.

Posted - January 26, 2021

Responses

No, I'm not a competitor either but it has nothing to do with my being shy as a child.  It's that I don't feel the need to prove myself to anyone. :)
      January 26, 2021 2:25 PM MST

I think I do need to do that L. I need to walk the walk not just talk the talk. But I let my work speak for me. My secret has always been that what I do I do for me. I need to please myself first and foremost. I need to know that I did my very best. Sometimes it isn't enough to suit me. So when I say I don't lie then I can't lie or I'd be a hypocrite and I cannot live with that. I don't sandbag bcause that's cheating and I don't cheat. I don't think I'm hot stuff. Never have. But I do think I'm trustworthy and truthful and I always pay compliments to those I  admire. In life I find that is not inherent in many people. As if complimenting others diminishes them in some way. I observe. I opine. I speak up and take whatever hits because of it. I think that's quite weird. The hesitancy or failure to acknowledge the good or great in people. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to you! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 27, 2021 6:47 AM MST
      January 27, 2021 2:14 AM MST

I understand and, like you, I give credit where it's due.  
      January 27, 2021 6:47 AM MST

Thank you for your reply L.
      January 27, 2021 6:53 AM MST

I was shy as child. I am still shy as an adult. 
    I am very competitive. Of course, I generally only get into a competition with people I already know well. 
      January 26, 2021 2:51 PM MST

Huh Okay well that blows my theory up m2c. Most of the time as a child I wanted nothing more than to be INVISIBLE. As an adult I learned to withdraw to my within which was the same thing to me. Go inside myself where I knew I was safe. I still do that. Withdraw. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      January 27, 2021 2:22 AM MST

I am kind of the same on that as well. 
    As I said my competition is with people I know well. And if is all friendly. 
      January 27, 2021 6:04 AM MST