Active Now

Slartibartfast
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you enjoy solitude? If others break in do you welcome the company or not? What do you get out of solidtude that you never have enough of?

Do you enjoy solitude? If others break in do you welcome the company or not? What do you get out of solidtude that you never have enough of?

Posted - January 28, 2021

Responses

I enjoy solitude.  I enjoy it because it keeps me from having to listen to the static of outside noises.  I don't mind when my solitude is interrupted because it's usually done by someone from whom I want to hear.  Then we have a conversation and when it's done, it's quiet again.  In a way, it's selfish - I don't have to deal with others unless I want to.  
      January 28, 2021 9:05 AM MST

I can only survive if I have access to solitude. Fortunately and perhaps miraculously Jim and I can be in the same room and I'm still enjoying solitude. He isn't NEEDY. He is self-sufficient and doesn't require my attention every minute of every day. Lucky me. Thank you for your reply L! I'm not so sure  I'd call it selfish. If you want to survive you have to protect yourself from the constant chatter of the inane. It will drive you crazy unless you are removed from it. My opinion! :)
      January 28, 2021 11:57 AM MST

I couldn't be around anyone that was needy for any length of time.  They suck the life out of you and give nothing back.  Nothing nicer than knowing you don't have to talk to someone every minute you're with them.  Companionable silences are great - no awkwardness. :)
      January 28, 2021 12:32 PM MST

I agree.  I could never be around anyone that was needy for any length of time.  They take everything out of you and give nothing back.  It's always nice when you can sit in a room with someone and know you don't have to be talking all the time.  
      January 28, 2021 9:31 PM MST

Exactly. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Friday! :)
      January 29, 2021 1:28 AM MST