Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you ever think poetically and express yourself with poetry? Some think that is for WIMPS. What do YOU think?

Do you ever think poetically and express yourself with poetry? Some think that is for WIMPS. What do YOU think?

Posted - January 31, 2021

Responses

I rarely wax poetic.  Happy Sunday. :)
      January 31, 2021 10:31 AM MST

I disagree with thee sweetie. I think you do but perhaps you don't see it. There are all kinds of poetry L just as there as all kinds of music and all kinds of literature and all kinds of everything. I see much poetry in you. I guess friends can disagree from time to time without it being a big deal. Right? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to you! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 1, 2021 6:42 AM MST
      February 1, 2021 1:25 AM MST

Well, I will take that as a compliment and thank you. :)  Not such a happy Monday - we're in the middle of a snowstorm which started around 7 PM last night and will go through today and into tomorrow.  It's hard to tell how much snow so far because the wind is strong so there ae drifts.  All night long, I kept waking up from the snow plows.  I'm going to need a nap this afternoon. :)
      February 1, 2021 6:43 AM MST

The worst one in FIVE YEARS and New York will be especially Hard Hit. That's the coverage in California about what's happening to you. Condolences. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 1, 2021 7:43 AM MST

They're talking about 14-18 inches which is a lot for NYC.  The City has gotten better at dealing with it, though.  Yesterday they were out brining the streets and roads.  During the night they had the plows working.  There are a few cars out there and the roads are relatively clear right now, but it's still snowing and blowing so the snow will be with us for a while.
      February 1, 2021 8:00 AM MST

I haven't checked the news yet today L. How are you doing? Is it still n'oreastering in New York City? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday February 2, 2021 to you! :)
      February 2, 2021 2:34 AM MST

The snow stopped before I woke up at 8 AM.  At 5 PM, there was 15" in Central Park and it was still snowing.  I haven't listened to the news, so I don't know what the final tally was, but the plows were out all night again and the roads seem to be clear for the most part.  Happy Groundhog Day!

EDIT: Just discovered that Central Park ended with 19.3 inches of snow. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at February 7, 2021 10:39 AM MST
      February 2, 2021 7:59 AM MST

19 inches of SNOW? WHOA! Better today though right? Thank you for your reply L! :) Were you out of commission as I was for days? Bummer for me but I kept asking questions. It is all I was allowed to do. WEIRD!.
      February 7, 2021 10:40 AM MST

Actually, it was revised down to 17 inches. :)  It's snowing again today!  It's been coming down pretty steadily and will until this evening.  The trees look beautiful, but it's going to be a mess for anyone having to drive to work tomorrow.

Yes, I was affected.  The only way to answer someone was to post a new comment and put their name on it so they knew it was in reply to them.  
      February 7, 2021 12:20 PM MST

I guess it's history. Hopefully in the past. No more glitches! Thank you for your reply L! Nice to be able to chat again isn't it? :)
      February 7, 2021 12:22 PM MST

Let's hope so.  Yes, it is nice to be able to chat again.  :)  Happy Sunday.
      February 7, 2021 12:23 PM MST

:):):)
      February 7, 2021 12:24 PM MST

Those who can't fathom verse
    Can often be quite terse.
    Their minds are so callous
    They only see malice
    They are simply the worse.

----------

Poetry so bad
    Ears that will not stop ringing
    Another headache.

--------------------

Dost thou loathe the uncouth?  They who dare not ponder that which they do not understand?
    They who but mock the poet?  The bard; whose sole ambition is but to help them arise from the dung heaps in which they dwell.
    But nay.  Loathe them not.  Their minds are but weak.  Unable to soar.
    Eternally tethered unto the ground on which they do crawl.  Dust to dust.
    Worms they be!  Yea, maggots!   Preferring rather to consume the tripe of fools, then to feast on the dainties of the erudite.
    Thus forever damning themselves to the  pitiful existence of mediocrity and mental starvation.
    And this their end shall be.  Bitter sorrow.  Never to know.  Never to dream.
    Alone. 
      January 31, 2021 1:43 PM MST

((hugs)) Excellent Grasshopper! Proud of thee am I. I wish I knew why that is. Perhaps if more people could appreciate poetry and think in those terms the world would not be such a sorry a** place that it is. I cannot imagine FOOTOO having a favorite poet or poem. Nor can I magine any of his adoring worshippers, toady sycophants or terrified "court". They do not have the mind/brain, the heart or the soul for it. More's the pity. In the next world I would like to see that as part of the DNA of all living things. I shall ask. Thank you for your always spot on reply to any question I can ever ask. You always get it. :)
      February 1, 2021 2:27 AM MST