Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some get the vaccine and get COVID. Know why? THE PROTECTION DOESN"T HAPPEN IMMEDIATELY! YOU DIDN'T KNOW?

Some get the vaccine and get COVID. Know why? THE PROTECTION DOESN"T HAPPEN IMMEDIATELY! YOU DIDN'T KNOW?

Also the CDC says the South African strain is spreading. Of course it is. What else does a pandemic do but spread?

Posted - January 31, 2021

Responses

On top of that, teh vaccine is only 95% effective.  5% may sound insignificant, but if that 5% were interest on your savings account, it suddenly seems a whole lot bigger.

We are a "instant" society.  We do not like to wait for anything.   "Buy now, pay later".  "Works instantly".  "Same day delivery".   Do we expect anything different with this vaccine?  Many people's mentality is pop and drop. "Pop that vaccine in my arm and I'll drop my mask near the trash on my way out.  I got the shot, so now I'm immune!"  And voila - life is instantly back to how it used to be. 
    People have become so used to instant gratification that they no longer understand what the word "wait" actually means.  Technology has only served to enhance our lack of patience.  Just whip out our phone and the world is right there at our fingertips.  4G, 5G, 6G... faster and faster!  Instant!  

Technology may make things "faster", but the real world is still governed by time.  There are still 24 hours in each day.   The sun rises and sets a the same speed.  Each season takes 3 months to cycle.  And despite the advancements of modern medicine, our bodies still require time to digest our food, heal wounds, and fight off infections and diseases.  The vaccine may have been made at "warp speed", but how it operates still takes time.  Slow, agonizing time.  People are fighting to get a vaccine they believe will instantly solve the agony they've endured over the past year.  That's why they're willing to lie, cheat and steal in order to get it.  Pop and drop.  Pop and drop.  That may be their mindset, but that's not how the "real worlds" operates.  Things take time.  
      January 31, 2021 11:07 AM MST

I'm not dropping the mask or social distancing or washing hands or sheltering at home Shuhak. Shot or not shot wearing the mask is the  SINGLE BIGGEST PROTECTION I CAN GET IMMEDIATELY! It works from the monent you put it on unlike the shot that takes its own sweet time to kick in! No side effects at all from wearing the mask. NONE. I may never not wear it when I go out Shuhak. What about you? As of now I cannot foresee a day when maskless will be SAFE. We know we are being target by viruses so intent in wiping the floor with us they keep morrphing into otherly to trick us. Thank you for your reply. i'm gonna ask.
      February 1, 2021 3:51 AM MST

Eventually, masks will go away.  I cant say when, but they won't be a permanent fixture.

Did anyone ever notice that everything they're tell us to do to prevent COVID is the same thing they've told us for years to prevent the flu?  Wash your hands, stay away form others, don't go to work when sick....   When I worked, I saw people masked up during the cold/flu season.  Sure they were odd, but now we can see what they were trying to do.
      February 1, 2021 10:56 AM MST

Actually we've gotten our flu shots for years and so we never thought about wearing masks. We have washed our hands all the time for years. As a result when others around us got sick we didn't. We had an excellent track record before this virus hit so we had no problem adding a mask. It did take a little getting used to. Now I wear a mask and a face shield and I've gotten used to both. I don't resent doing it. I figure it's either that or I die. A no-brainer for me. Why others think differently I cannot even imagine but that makes them STUPID DUMBS to me. A solution is available and they not only avoid it they mock it? Smart it ain't and neither are they. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Now we are being advised to wear TWO masks but I think my mask and shield is as good. Do you double-mask or wear a face shield? :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 8, 2021 2:58 AM MST
      February 2, 2021 2:31 AM MST

I question double masking.  Breathing is an intrical part of staying alive.  Restricting it could lead to some undesirable results.
      February 2, 2021 10:01 AM MST

I wear a plastic face shield over my face and the mask over my nose/chin so I'm not really double masked. Now that you mention it double cloth would impair breathing maybe. Just thinking about it gives me the heeby jeebies. I'll stick with the mask and face shield for now. Hopefully it will be enough along with social distancing washing hands spraying Lysol on everything all the time etcetera. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      February 7, 2021 1:06 PM MST

A good point.

Some people do have to avoid masks for medical reasons so use face-shields, but using a mask and shield should not otherwise give problems.
      February 4, 2021 11:19 AM MST

The mask is what took getting used to Durdle. Once I did putting the face shield on too was just fine. At first I felt claustrophobic with the mask and that took awhile to overcome. But I did. I think you can adjust and get used to all kinds of things if it means saving your life, right? Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 7, 2021 1:08 PM MST