Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » All hail to DELETE. It evaporates erases eliminates. Quiets. Stifles. Silences. Ignores. How sweet is DELETE? Can you count the ways?

All hail to DELETE. It evaporates erases eliminates. Quiets. Stifles. Silences. Ignores. How sweet is DELETE? Can you count the ways?

Posted - February 1, 2021

Responses

I know Facebook, Twitter, Youtube etc love the power to silence.   Big tech need to lose their legal protections.

They have killed true news stories, removed people for questioning things about Covid, question election results, etc.   
    Twitter is getting sued in Canada...no protections there. 
      February 1, 2021 6:00 AM MST

AM has the power to silence, too.  What is the difference?
      February 1, 2021 7:45 AM MST

No one is silenced here because of their opinion. Left or right. Up or down.  Only for making personal comments about/to users here.

Big tech believes themselves to be the deciders of truth. This makes them an editer.  And they do not deserve the protection of being a publisher under Sec 230.
      February 1, 2021 8:02 AM MST

They are private companies who are permitted to set whatever ground rules they see fit.  I applaud them for refusing to allow comments which have been proven to be false or misleading.  
      February 1, 2021 10:35 AM MST

True. But they do not get protections in the law from law suits as internet sites do. The purpose for these protection was to protect free speech. But Big tech has used it for the opposite.

Who decideds what is false or misleading? Surely not the fact checkers who claim Obama told less than 10 lies in his entire 8 yr term....lol.  This post was edited by my2cents at February 2, 2021 10:08 AM MST
      February 1, 2021 1:38 PM MST

Most of Trump's false allegation have been proved wrong or misleading by any number of outlets; same for anyone else who is making false claims.  I guess you still think that Trump's claim that there would only be 15 cases of Covid-19 is true.  
      February 1, 2021 2:19 PM MST

So how should an internet site handle it when they find out they were wrong and censored people's who were stating facts? 

Trump is by no means the only user who has been censored on big tech sites. 
      February 1, 2021 3:36 PM MST

They can reinstate that person/comment with a notation that they were incorrect in deleting.  I believe Facebook did not delete all comments/posts but they did indicate that the information was misleading.  That would leave the reader to determine whether or not to believe what was written.  In the case of Trump, I believe he was deleted for inciting violence.  Otherwise, they would have removed his accounts long ago because we all know he lied over and over.
      February 2, 2021 8:49 AM MST

You do not believe FB deleted posts and comments?  Let me assure you they did. They even recently admitted they were wrong for removing and blocking users from posting on a topic, they now know they were incorrect about. 

Twitter FB etc all banned and prevented posting about the Hunter Biden laptop story. Banned a newspaper for the article. Prevented and removed any reference to the story by other users.   Which broke shortly before the election.  But was silenced and hidden on their platforms for weeks.  These people should not have this power and have protections from law suits.

I believe the protections will crumble as lawsuits come at them from different angles.  This post was edited by my2cents at February 2, 2021 9:26 AM MST
      February 2, 2021 9:25 AM MST

Once again, you failed to understand what I wrote.  Where did I say FB did not delete comments or posts?  I said, "Facebook did not delete all comments/posts."  

It has not been proven that Hunter Biden did anything wrong.  For any media outlet to perpetrate that as fact is wrong.  Whatever happened to journalistic verification of facts before writing a article?

Please do me a favor and, if you don't understand something I wrote, ask me to clarify.  Stop reinterpreting my words to coincide with your beliefs.
      February 2, 2021 9:55 AM MST

Since when does a crime need to proven before a news outlet reports on it.  
    They reported that they had seen the contents of Biden's former laptop. This a fact. They did verify it. 
    Twitter should be sued for it. The article was not fake, not a lie and within their rules.  Only thing they did not like was it was a negitive story about Biden. 
    Where is the integrity of the people who own and run big tech? 

The news outlet should sue. 

Twitter did block all posts featuring any link to that legitimate news article.  EVERYONE of them.  I know FB also blocked the article. 
    Social media should not be in charge of deciding what is and is not truth.  This post was edited by my2cents at February 2, 2021 6:00 PM MST
      February 2, 2021 11:31 AM MST

I speak only of the internet and social sites. I don't FB or Twit or youtube. Not my cuppa tea. What the massive millions or billions groove too bores me totally. But DELETE on my keyboard? I ADORE IT! Thank you for your reply m2c.
      February 1, 2021 7:48 AM MST

FB, Twitter, Youtube are social sites....

I have a FB mainly for business and FB Messenger for family to use. I use youtube for videos.  I do not Twitter.   
    I am not into posting ever little thing I do on the internet either.  

My husband loves Twitter. And also has a Parler and Gab account. But says Twitter works best.  
      February 1, 2021 8:10 AM MST