Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you adventurous? Ever DOUBLE BAG a cuppa tea with two different flavors?

Are you adventurous? Ever DOUBLE BAG a cuppa tea with two different flavors?

Currently Jim is drinking BENGAL SPICE and GINGER plus PROBIOTICS. Mighty tasty!

Or are you a PURIST and it is only EARL GREY for thee?

Posted - February 3, 2021

Responses

Putting probiotics into very hot water would kill them. Great marketing ploy. I am not a tea drinker.
      February 3, 2021 7:40 AM MST

WHAT? So why put them in if hot water will kill them? Do they NOT KNOW THAT? Sheesh. Thank you for your reply E. Knowing is better than not for sure.
      February 7, 2021 12:26 PM MST

Many folks don't know that probiotics are bacteria. Again...they will tell consumers anything to make an extra buck. One of my fav things to do is trash ads.
      February 7, 2021 3:19 PM MST

How is that legal then E? I mean if they actually put probiotics in? Shouldn't they KNOW heat kills them? There is such a thing called SUN tea or was years ago. You'd put tea bags in a large container of water and put it out where the sun could hit it. Cold brewed tea. It makes no sense to me. If "they" work with something shouldn't they understand its properties? Or is it just another con? When Rich lived in Colorado we visited and he and his then fiancee took us to the Celestial Seasonings plant in Boulder and we took a tour. It was smashing~ I'm looking at the package now to see if there is any hint at all that hot water will destroy the probiotics. NOPE! The ingredients: ginger cinnamon licorice cardamom hawthorn turmeric BACILLUS COAGULANS GBI-30 6086 star anise and black pepper. Know what else? On the side it tells you how to make HOT TEA and ICED TEA and with the iced tea you start off with boiling water too. So what can we conclude? They are either ignorant or liars. Swell! SIGH. Thank you for your reply E! How warm does it need to be for the bacteria to die? Sometimes I put yogurt in hot barley with dried mint. It's an Armenian staple and comfort food. I don't boil anything but the barley starts off in the bowl hot. Am I killing the bacteria? :) Oh. In small print it says "3 tea bags provide 500 million CFU probiotics". ARRGGHH! This post was edited by RosieG at February 8, 2021 10:39 AM MST
      February 8, 2021 2:13 AM MST

They aren't ignorant...they are geniuses. Put a word on a bottle that people think is good for them and they will buy it. At a higher. Same with the phrase 'plant-based'. When used, it makes folks think it is better for you. NOT. The one I like is 'plant-based butter'. We have another special name for it ...margarine. They sell it at a higher price because CONSUMERS are ignorant.
      February 8, 2021 10:45 AM MST

I am a diehard fan of BUTTER E. I tried the margarine thing when I was a kid. It came in a plastic package that looked like CRISCO or LARD and  you had to massage it to get the capsule inside to break and make it yellow. NO TASTE to it at all. I eat butter. I enjoy butter. I tried the facsimile and it didn't agree with me. Thank you for your reply. I never eat anything I don't enjoy eating. I don't care HOW GOOD IT IS FOR ME! Do you? Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 9, 2021 2:02 AM MST
      February 8, 2021 10:56 AM MST

I did some research on butter v margarine. My conclusion: butter is better. You need fat in your diet and dairy fat is better that animal fat.
    I forgot to say that what the advertisers do is all legit. I have found numerous examples of deception.
      February 8, 2021 11:03 AM MST

I wonder who the first deceiver was?  Who told the first lie? Why? Thank you for your reply E! :)
      February 9, 2021 2:03 AM MST