Discussion » Questions » answerMug » How do I 'hide' posts from groups?

How do I 'hide' posts from groups?

I just tried to filter a post from a group I have no interest in. It wouldn't hide the group, just the last person who responded to it. I don't want to block the person, just the group. It was not from the Adult section, I unjoined that when I found out I would get feeds from ALL the groups there. 

Posted - October 20, 2016

Responses

It's a headache.  I wish I had never looked at a poll.  I'll go there again.  There doesn't seem to be a way to unsubscribe from them and every time someone else does the poll or comments I get an alert.  I'm ignoring my alerts for the most part.  Everyone about a poll I ignore but there are so many.  Maybe we'll get an 'unsubscribe' button like we have for the questions.   I haven't mentioned this to JA.
      October 20, 2016 10:07 AM MDT

I didn't realize the subscribe button on polls was MIA. I've added it to the list now.
      October 20, 2016 2:41 PM MDT

A million thankyous! This post was edited by Thriftymaid at October 21, 2016 10:24 AM MDT
      October 21, 2016 10:23 AM MDT

• Yep.  Groups and Polls are turning out to be quite the headache.  I pretty much ignore my alerts as well, they are more of a pain than a help at this point. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 21, 2016 10:25 AM MDT
      October 20, 2016 1:38 PM MDT

Stay on the question page.  Do not pass Group.  Do not pass Chat, Do not collect 200 dollars.

If you disable that email request from your settings, that should do it as far as these annoying alerts go.  I wish they would copy the alert page that Answer Bag used to have.  It was the only good thing that site did right.
      October 20, 2016 1:48 PM MDT

• I'm not in any groups.... I unjoined the Adult Network because I was getting feed from all the groups in that network. No offense to any members, but I really don't care to get news feed from I love public breast-feeding, I like spankings.....etc.....I tried to block the group from my news feed, but it didn't have that option. All it would let me do was block the person who added the comment to the group. I didn't want to block the person, just the group. It's very irritating!!

October 20, 2016 2:26 PM MDT

We have that. http://www.answermug.com/notifications

You can access it via the bell at the top of your page.
      October 20, 2016 2:42 PM MDT

Right now, you can't remove individual groups from your feed, but that's no different than the old model. Any public group on the old site appeared in the feed. 

I've made a note to see what we can do about this in the future. In the meantime, you can always use the filtering to show a single feature, such as questions. If you're really active in a group and you want to know when something posts there and you've decided to forego all groups in your feed, you can go to the members tab on the group, select the gear by your name, and set it up so you're notified via internal notifications when something new is posted. 
      October 20, 2016 2:40 PM MDT