Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you ever regret digging deeper to get to the bottom of something? You can't judge a book by its cover. Do you bother?

Do you ever regret digging deeper to get to the bottom of something? You can't judge a book by its cover. Do you bother?

Posted - February 14, 2021

Responses

I can't think of anything for which I regret digging deeper.  Most often, I only do a deep dive if I am very interested in something or someone, especially if I think I may have misjudged a person. My initial instincts are usually accurate, but there have been one or two times when I was wrong and was glad I gave that person a second chance.  Of course, there have been a couple of times when I've regretted giving someone a first chance, let alone a second one.
      February 14, 2021 3:37 PM MST

I may have shared this with you before L. If so apologies. There is an old Armenian saying.."if you like the taste of the soup don't dig to the bottom to see what's there". I'm not sure if that is entirely applicable here but sometimes it's just as well to not question. Why would I say that when I question everything all the time? Well there are a few things I'd just as soon have not found out. It did no good and was of no benefit to know. It was the opposite. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. You can't feel bad about anything you don't know about. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 15, 2021 1:55 AM MST

I agree that sometimes it's better not to ask, but as a general rule, people who don't look further into some things are just in denial and don't want to deal with a situation.  
      February 15, 2021 11:10 AM MST

When do you and when don't you? It's a crapshoot! Sigh. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 16, 2021 5:01 AM MST

It is a crapshoot.  I suppose it depends on the circumstances.  
      February 16, 2021 6:49 AM MST