Active Now

Spunky
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Three things. A good story. Believable people. Likable. That's what I require to LIKE a book or a movie or a TV show. What do you require?

Three things. A good story. Believable people. Likable. That's what I require to LIKE a book or a movie or a TV show. What do you require?

The story has to be appealing. The actors or characters have to be believable. If you don't like them you aren't pulling for them so why bother reading or watching anything that angrifies you?

The past 4 years of FOOTOO was a lousy storyline, unbelievable "actors" or "characters" none of whom were likable. A complete waste of time.

Posted - February 15, 2021

Responses

I like a  riveting storyline.  Not one that's confusing, trite, or takes too long to develop.  I also like believable characters.  If they act like a robot (2D) or phone in their parts, then why bother?  Now, some villains aren't supposed to be likeable, while others are.  But if you have a complete cast of total a-holes, then it's not a "fun" time.

I give "trump administration" two thumbs down.  The production was dismal at best.  All of the characters were 2-D, completely unrelatable and none knew their lines.  The screen writing sucked (no even stayed on script).  The ending was telegraphed before the story even started, the storyline was just repetition (same thing day after day after day after day after...).  There was no protagonist (no one to root for), only a trite antagonist who you really didn't care anything about.  It was like watching one of those movies where you come out of the theater feeling like you just wasted 90 minutes of your life (only this movie lasted 4 years).
      February 15, 2021 2:02 PM MST

Once again I agree with every word m'dear. NO SURPRISE. Exactly what I was getting at indirectly. I hope Joe and the gang do better by us. I have hope but no guarantees.  Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! I guess the rest of the US is getting Walloped BIGLY weathwise. Lucky us! :)
      February 16, 2021 2:13 AM MST

Thank goodness for the Sierra Nevadas!  Teens on the texas gulf coast?   That's brutal... especially considering they're further south than San DIego.  Currently, 70.4% of the US is under snow.  Not something that happens very often.  T
      February 16, 2021 10:13 AM MST

California will always be the GOLDEN STATE that people LUST after living in. Of course they won't admit it if they are Republicans. Each year after the ROSE PARADE a bazillion people moved from where they were to here. They got tired of shoveling snow, paying for snowplows and exorbitant heating and driving on BLACK ICE. In droves they moved to California which is why now we WELCOME folks not doing that and also folks LEAVING. I do not feel great about the suffering TEXANS are experiencing. Once again Californians will be envied and pilloried and attacked because of our weather. Whatever. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) Today the high will be 70 in Hemet. A beautiful spring day in winter! Tough isn't it? What we have to go through to live here? This post was edited by RosieG at February 16, 2021 12:37 PM MST
      February 16, 2021 12:08 PM MST

Of course we have earthquakes and high taxes.  That should help dissuade a few of them from coming here.

It may reach 50 here today.  Depends on how fast the high pressure builds in.  Right now clouds are still spilling over top of it from the northwest (so it's partly cloudy); and the clouds are really zipping along.
      February 16, 2021 12:43 PM MST

I think something like 4 million Texans are without power. Last I heard it was 10 degrees there. One thing no one can LIE ABOUT is the weather! Or spin. It is what it is always supreme and uncontrollable! Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 16, 2021 6:15 PM MST
      February 16, 2021 1:10 PM MST