Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Get what you want by issuing a voice command or pushing a button on an electronic thingy that will answer back and do your bidding. Right?

Get what you want by issuing a voice command or pushing a button on an electronic thingy that will answer back and do your bidding. Right?

So HOW do you build muscle and grit and determination and strength if all you ever do is order about to get what you want?

This is progress?

Posted - February 25, 2021

Responses

To be honest things like Alexa and Siri are not much less energy-using than taking two steps across the room to switch the TV on, or to use a computer.

We can be couch-potatoes without electronic aids, because those are not stopping us keeping ourselves fit and healthy physically and mentally anyway. They bring problems of their own, and can be used as an excuse for being lazy; but our human qualities are still under our own control.
      February 25, 2021 10:16 AM MST

Ya think? I dunno. I'm so far out of it I don't even understand the lingo. So many people RELY ON electronic thingies more than they rely on themselves or other human beings! Take away the cell phone and you will have a bazillion people requiring assistance to manage living! I'm totally serious about that. They are so PATHETIC! Yes. That's what I think. PATHETIC. They probably panic if they are not in reach of the cell phone. Go BERSERK! Electronic thingies rule the world. Without them where would we be? Literally? Thank you for your reply Durdle. Could these pathetic needy people have survived no internet no computer no tv? Sheesh! AS IF! Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 25, 2021 1:01 PM MST

Mmmm. I think you are right there.

My brother-in-law has one of these gadgets for finding things on-line. It has a female name, and my sister reckons it's his girlfriend!

Well, I have a computer (using it  now!), and land-line 'phone.  I have a basic portable 'phone, not internet-linked. A few radios.

No wire-less (Bluetooth etc.) gadgets.

And no television!  
      March 3, 2021 2:35 PM MST