Active Now

Slartibartfast
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever take your mind out for a walk? Give it some fresh air and new surroundings? Try to stretch it a bit now and then?

Ever take your mind out for a walk? Give it some fresh air and new surroundings? Try to stretch it a bit now and then?

Posted - March 10, 2021

Responses

(humor)

I used to, but it developed a bad habit of wandering away (guess it was restless).  It seemed like every time I turned around, my mind was absent.  It wasn't long before other people began to notice this as well.  They’d shake their heads and say, “he’s out of his mind”. 

Sometimes, only part of my mind wandered, and I was left with half a mind or sometimes just a piece of mind. 

Finding my mind was no easy task.  It seems a lot of people lose their minds.  One time I mistakenly found the wrong mind.  Do you know how embarrassing it is to look in a mirror only to find you’re not in your right mind?  Then I have to go and find the rightful owner of the mind so I can change my mind.  Minds don’t like noise.  They’re not what you call a “sound mind”.  If I were to call to mind, it’d immediately run in the opposite direction.  Then all I would see is the back of my mind.  One has to approach a mind calmly, so that it’s put at ease. 

When searching for my mind, I try asking everywhere.  I mean something’s bound to have crossed my mind.  Some minds like to play games.  They’ll say they have your mind but it’ll cost you to get it back.  Heed my warning - don’t pay any mind!

Sometimes I’ve found my mind high in hilltops, lost in a fog.  Other times I’ve find it frolicking at the seaside.  Sometimes I find it on a bender with minds similar to itself (like minds).  On a few occasions, I’ve found my mind at the library reading.  But no matter where I find it, it’s always very dirty.  So when I get home I have to clean it up and put it back into its right state.  And if it’d been a windy day, this would take hours.  Do you know how aggravating it is to make up a blown mind?  Oh... never mind.

March 10, 2021 3:23 PM MST

First and foremost Thank You for always meeting me where I am and going with it and for it! All I have do is tickle your fancy and off you go in whatever direction I point it. You know what that does right? It makes the question so much better than it was. It makes me feel so good when people do that. It's like a handshake. Always welcome! As you know my mind has a mind of its own. I call it BAD ROSIE. There is absolutely nothing I can do with it/her. Once it shows up I sit back and watch. I never know what is going to come out of her..how long she will stay on a riff..and when she will return and be a "good" little girl. But you don't seem to differentiate between the MY BAD and the usual me. Which I also appreciate. Like a port in a storm? Always a safe place to be when things get really rough. I've heard that man is not made for safe harbors. Those are the only places I'm drawn to...the safe harbors. You know what is coming next. Another question. Thank you for your awesome reply Shuhak and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      March 11, 2021 2:09 AM MST