Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Y'all will be very happy to know that US households ended 2020 with a worth/value of $130.2 TRILLION! Howya gonna spend your share?

Y'all will be very happy to know that US households ended 2020 with a worth/value of $130.2 TRILLION! Howya gonna spend your share?

Posted - March 12, 2021

Responses

I'm going to pay down some of the back rent I owe, pay down down to the credit card debt I've incurred over the past year.  Then, if I have any left over, I'll buy me some groceries.  (I'm being satirical)

That sounds good as a whole (each household gained roughly $1 million in wealth), but sadly it's just an average.  In reality, the rich got richer, but the poor are still out on the streets.  The wealthy, politicians, and those who kept their good paying jobs did fare well, despite the great upheaval".  But the little guy... Mr/Ms. Minimum Wage"... are still living in their beater car with used garbage bags for windows, and feeding their kids once to twice s day with what little they can get from food banks.

March 12, 2021 1:08 PM MST

Oh Shuhak I heard something so very sad yesterday. A reporter out in the field was asking folks different questions and either she heard this said or it was said to her by a teenage boy. "It's not my day to eat". Read that and try not to weep. "It's not my day to eat". So absolutely there are people out there who have been hungry every day...some with no place to sleep except a shelter. "It's not my day to eat". I can't get that out of my head. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :(   Unhappy face not directed at you but I know you know that. This post was edited by RosieG at March 14, 2021 4:17 AM MDT
      March 13, 2021 6:27 AM MST