Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Woke Supremacy is as bad as White Supremacy" sez a pol. WOKE? VASS ISS DISS? I GOOGLED IT. Have you?

"Woke Supremacy is as bad as White Supremacy" sez a pol. WOKE? VASS ISS DISS? I GOOGLED IT. Have you?

Present day...a slang term associated with left-wing politics, progressive or socially liberal causes such as anti-racism, LGBT rights, feminism and environmentalism.

I wondered what the derivation of it was.

In 1860 the pro Lincoln folks called themselves the WIDE AWAKES. The Republican Party of that day used it to oppose the spread of slavery.The party of all racists who freely use the "n" word among themselves. Ironic.

In 1938 Lead Belly used the word "woke" in his song about the Scottsboro Boys. The word ebbed and flowed from generation to decade to use however whenever to now.

Very interesting the path it took...what it originally represented and what it represents today.

Etymology is endlessly fascinating. You embrace words that are the antithesis of what you say you are only because you are ignorant about the derivation and the meaning.

Best to shut up and read up first before you open your mouth about anything. Else you look very foolish by those in the know..the cognoscenti.

You do do that 24/7 don't you? Learn about "it" before you even ever dare think to speak?

Posted - March 12, 2021

Responses