Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If true that every family has a clutz I'm the one in mine. It takes no effort at all for me. Is there an art to it some have some don't?

If true that every family has a clutz I'm the one in mine. It takes no effort at all for me. Is there an art to it some have some don't?

Posted - March 16, 2021

Responses

I assume you mean clutz to mean clumsy (it has other definitions)

While growing up, my sister was the clumsy one in our family.  No dish was safe in her hands.  If there was a wall anywhere, she would somehow manage to bang into it.  She even managed to put her foot through her bedroom window while sleeping.

Being clumsy can be caused by improper balance (the inner ear is off just a bit), bad vision (creating bad depth perception, or even by trying to be too careful (overthinking).  
      March 16, 2021 10:53 AM MDT

Oh my gosh did I just put my foot in it Shuhak?  Yes. You assume correctly! CLUMSY. Well a few decades ago I had Otosclerosis. That's where the little thingy(stapes)  inside the ear that passes sound along froze. I had an operation at the HOUSE Institute..world renowned. I got in because a Vice President in our company had the same problem and had an operation and he got me in. But I definitely have a balance problem which is becoming more pronounced as I age. I have to step purposefully and slowly or I will trip. When I get up from the chair I I don't get up and start walking immediately. I get up, pause, make sure I'm balanced THEN I move forward! Thank you for your reply! :) Oh. Just between thee and me once I said "In like Flynn" and didn't have a clue what it referred. I soon found out! I know. Hopeless! :).
      March 16, 2021 2:16 PM MDT