Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Once you begin a research quest it's AMAZING where it will take you. I wondered where the word "hillbilly" came from. Do YOU know?

Once you begin a research quest it's AMAZING where it will take you. I wondered where the word "hillbilly" came from. Do YOU know?

Denizens of the southern Appalachia and the Ozarks are sometimes referred to as "hillbillies".

Did you know the word comes from Scottish and ULster Scottish origins? Dating back to the 1700's when Scottish Lowlanders and ULster Presbyterians fled Scotland for America. "Hillbillies" are also sometimes referred to as "poor white trash" or "rednecks" or "trailer park trash". Those terms are used interchangeably by some.

Coincidentally I ran across an article titled "Why white trash Americans are flocking to FOOTOO"
Also a book written by a born hillbilly titled " HILLBILLY ELEGY...A Memoir of Family and Culture Crisis" by J.D. Vance

Also this quote which I did not further research for what it's worth...."White voter without a college degree have favored Republicans for some time."

The FOOTOO wave was born on the shoulders of hillbillies. They LOVE him.

He speaks their language though being as how he is a very rich man and they are very often very poor it makes no sense logically at all. But when does Politics ever make sense?

On the other hand FOOTOO's mom was an immigrant from SCOTLAND. So maybe that's the hook? Their all basically Scottish?

Posted - March 27, 2021

Responses